2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Nice boxes of fish John! Let me know if your AJ tactics you were talking about at the gathering work next time out. I will have to give it a try if it does...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice variety of fish there. What did you catch behind the shrimp boat? I have been snake bit behind shrimp boats all season.

·
Say "when"
7,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fish

African Pompano, Warsaw Grouper, Red Snapper, one Lane Snapper, Ling, Dorado. We tried just a few shrimp boats. One the first one, Jim pitched a sardine and caught a huge ling...over 50 lbs, fought it a long time and then the Daiichi red circle came unhooked...unbelievable. We got a few chicken dolphin and a small king behind another. The most interesting thing happened Sunday. We unhooked from the rig and drifted away, taking time for a little lunch before running back to Port. I just took the last bite of my sandwich when I noticed colorful fish streak by. I thought it was a large rainbow runner and since we were far from the nuisance Chubs and the rig, I tossed a little piece of squid on a small jig and one took it...but it was not a rainbow, it was a school of pretty large and mature dolphin, over 30 inches long. We had pandemonium triple hookups and played the school for about 30 minutes. By the time they left we had 11 nice fish in the last picture. There was no structure and we were not looking for them...they found us.

·
Say "when"
7,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good pic of Warsaw Grouper

I did a poor job of framing, but this shows the color and massiveness of this brute.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Talk About Cuisine For The Masses! LOL!

Seen African Pompano caught but never one on my line (yet). They say they are delicious. Pulling up behind the shrimp boat looks familiar. To me it spells "Tuna Time." All excellent photos. Just makes me want to be out there right this very minute!! The blue calm water would make it almost impossible from keeping the smiles off anyone's face! Good post. CF? :bounce:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts