2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
W.W.
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made the return trip home down the ditch back to BYB. We are already planning a trip for next yr. Want to send out a BIG thank you to all who helped in this venture. We stayed at a very nice cabin in "Hide-A-Way On the Gulf" and come to find out this cabin was right across the canal from McGers place and I did get to meet him and his fishn partners before there trip on Possession Limit. We were able to make several (8-10) trips out and had a ball catching 100+ Dolphins with the biggest @ 15lbs and with the help of Ernest sending me to A-28 reef and McG fine tuning me as to where on reef we were able to put 3 Ajacks and 2 ling along with close to a 4 man limit on snapps in the boat. We made a cpl of trips to the German Charlies area and did well on snappers here also (Tall rock) was good to us. We made several short trips out about 15-18 miles for Dolphin n Kings which were plentyfull n easy on shad caught at dock in front of cabin. We did have 1 trip to forget as I broke a gas line on VRO pump on port eng. at the "Inshore Charlies" we made the trip back @ 7mph and got back to cabin at 1145P this was a first for me navigating in total darkness using radar n gps. Changed pump the next day and was back fishn with just 1 day lost. We met Capt. Kenny Hall of http://www.strikethreecharters.com/contact.htm who lives a cpl of houses down from where we stayed and he shared loads of info and even buddy boated with him and his charter to work some shrimp boats for kings. Will post some pics when I get a chance to downsize them. WW

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
it was nice meeting you and putting a face with a name. glad i was of some help at putting you on a fish or two. just really shows you how small the world is really....rick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts