2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well….My best friend is taking the plunge and getting married in May. We are interested in taking him on a nice offshore trip as part of his bachelor party. I know all of ya'll on this board are full of great wisdom, or at least think so :p. If anybody will be so kind to give me some suggestions I will appreciate it!
I know tuna fishing is decent right now and was maybe thinking of a Venice trip in January or February. We would also consider more exotic locations like Cabo as a possibility. Thanks guys!!!

·
Living life in the 77H20 zip code
848 Posts
A friend of a friend of a friend of mine went on a charter with this operation. I had ahhh, I mean they had a great time, don't remember what was caught though. We were , I mean my friends, friends were smiling ear to ear after the charter and really tired from catching lots of..........Oh hell, just check out the link :

http://www.florida-fishingcharters.com/

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks bluewaterbound1. You and johnboat now have me thinking about "snapper" fishing at work :dance:

·
848 Posts
Thanks bluewaterbound1. You and johnboat now have me thinking about "snapper" fishing at work :dance:
Your welcome, there's still lots of "Snapper" to be caught even though the federal season is closed right now. Sometimes you don't even have to use a rod and reel, but it helps. Thats another story............LOL

·
848 Posts

The feds don't regulate the yellow, white, or blue subspecies though!!!
LMAO !!! Very true.........make sure y'all bring along plenty of bait (dollar bills work good) and refreshments (believe they like wine coolers ) and some good stiff poles. Tight lines fellas and hope you catch your limits !!!

:brew:

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Texas - You cant go wrong with Angler 1 or Mike Jennings (both members here)

Cabo - Pisces Fishing, I was down there in August and had a blast. Caught my biggest fish to date and 1st YFT ~120lbs.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Texas - You cant go wrong with Angler 1 or Mike Jennings (both members here)

Cabo - Pisces Fishing, I was down there in August and had a blast. Caught my biggest fish to date and 1st YFT ~120lbs.

Just my $.02
Thanks! I do a lot of fishing here in Texas since both of my uncles have offshore boats (Galveston and Port A). We are looking to fish somewhere new for the special event.

I love the Boomvang and Nancen trips and figured Venice would be even better. I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to Cabo. Is the early part of the year good for billfish over there?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
give capt. Mike Ellis a call 504-715-6597 you can catch a boat load of fish and still have time to go by bourbon st. he's got the original 33 Freeman cat and it's bad to the bone. no need to run to the flemish cap and spend the night to catch fish. website is relentlesssportfishing.com.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
give capt. Mike Ellis a call 504-715-6597 you can catch a boat load of fish and still have time to go by bourbon st. he's got the original 33 Freeman cat and it's bad to the bone. no need to run to the flemish cap and spend the night to catch fish. website is relentlesssportfishing.com.
I am going to talk to my buddy to see what he wants to do. My vote is for a January trip to Venice. But then again, I'm not the one digging my own grave...he is :smile:.

Thanks again for all of the input guys! Hope everyone has a safe and merry Christmas!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts