2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dawn Patrol
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I cut out of work early Saturday night and decided to knock the cobbwebs out of the old Mercury and do some jugging in the process. We put the first set out about 10:30 and let them sit until just after midnight. On the 3rd jug we grabbed we were rewarded with this 31 pound Blue Beauty! After taking pictures and a little reviving, she was sent back to continue spreading her genes with hopes of seeing her again in the future.
I sure thought that was going to be the pace for the rest of the night, however after 5 more hours and only a dozen fish in the boat we called it a night/morning. Wound up keeping 4 blues to 4 pounds and 9 channels to 3 pounds.
I had to fight a couple of newbies that had never seen a fish like that to let her go, but after it was done I think they got it through their heads why I cpr all the big girls. I finally figured out how to post pictures so I hope ya'll enjoy her as much as we did......Evan

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Beautiful Blue! Kudos on the release, a fine fish like that is prime breeding stock.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Blue

Congrads on the BLUE. Beautiful fish.
Thanks a million for the CPR. It's people like you that help make this lake what it is.
Terry

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
well that one catch made the night....and good pics! I ve never been in the position of worry about cpr.....but with all the fish in the freezer now, i would have probably done the same....thanks for the pics and story....

·
Registered
640 Posts
Way to go Sea Pro! The more you release, the more our kid's will catch!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts