2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
No no no that guy misunderstood, they said "Tie a ribbon around the old oak tree" LOL..................later,Dave

·
Registered
335 Posts
speckle-catcher said:
where's the rest of the car?
The rest of the car is the unstoppable force that hit the immovable object. I wonder what kind of tree that is. I want to build a house of that kind of wood. Maybe they should build BMW's out of that kind of wood.........

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,634 Posts
It looks like the BMW squeezed between the trees so the front tires had to have hit on the outside and probably ended up a couple of hundred yards beyond the tree. You have to love the autobahn. I drove on autobahns for years and saw some wild collisions. We hung out for about 5 hours one day on Autobahn 5 due to a massive collision that killed a couple of folks.

·
11,765 Posts
Looks like Photoshop to me.
1st picture - bumper is head high to the kid in the red jacket.
2nd picture - the bumper is waist high.

look at the rear tire that is closest to the ground. in one photo it is straight up and down, more or less, and in another it is flat on the ground.

At 180 mph or km/h you would think that at a minimum a branch would have broken off the tree.

·
Registered
26,147 Posts
TT - in the first pic, the part that is head high is what's left of the hatchback. Same in second pic. Not really proof of photoshopping, but if you look 3 dimensionally at what is there, every thing seems to be in the same place in each phot which is difficult to do with photoshop.

I disagree with your conclusion on the tires. the tires appear to be in the sam place, just camera angle tricks make it look like the 2nd pic it is down on th ground.

There is damage to the tree shown on the 2nd pic on the right trunk.

·
Registered
781 Posts
As a former cop and current firefighter, I've seen cars torn in half just like the pic. I can't vouge for the validity of this picture, but it is completely reasonable to assume that it's the real thing.
When a vehicle leaves the roadway, there are two immovable objects to be concerned with - trees and culverts!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts