2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a B&C website they say to measure the inside spread, the widest spread and tip to tip of the main beams. I never hear anyone mention a tip to tip measurement when they are looking a pictures on this site. What is it that I am not getting?

·
Intardweb jeeper
128 Posts
For some reason, the blanks are on the form, but they are not factored in when scoring (except the inside spread measurement, which is what gives you your spread credit). I guess so whoever sees the form can get a better overall perspective on the size? :confused:

·
Registered
147 Posts
the b & c measuring form on their web site is self explanatory. No such measure ment on tip to tip spread.
I saw this looking the other day. I'd never heard of scoring tip to tip spread. On their form its B: Tip to tip spread.

Pretty good explanation here.

Inside Spread: The inside spread is the only spread measurement that counts in the final score. Taken with the carpenter's rule between the inside of the main beams at their widest point, this measurement's path must be perpendicular to the center line of the skull and parallel to the top of the skull plate. The inside spread's credit may be equal to, but may not exceed, the longer of the main beam measurements. If it does, the longer beam measurement becomes the spread score.The other two spread measurements -- tip-to-tip (B, in Panel No. 6) and greatest spread (C) -- are supplementary data (as is the number of points); they simply add numerical perspective to the overall size and configuration of the rack.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, If the tip to tip counted then those deer with the wide spread with no turn-in on the beams would get alot of extra inches.

·
Aspiring professional pot-stirrer.
20,198 Posts
There's several "spots" on the score sheet that call for measurements that don't get included in scoring...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts