2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
They call me............PAWPAW!
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My good buddy, Maddog, and myself were looking into building us a skiff this year when we came across a deal we couldn't pass up. It is still somewhat of a project, seeing as how it is in the "Some Assembly Required" stage:) .

It is a brand new 15' FlatsMaster Poling Skiff hull, new gelcoat, new deck resin paint and came with a brand new Sportsman galvanized trailer (never been wet), console, leaning post, gauge panel, steering wheel and cable, rope insert rub rail, plastic hatch covers, running lights AND 40hp Yamaha with 20" shaft, 4 blade stainless prop, power tilt/trim with VERY LOW hours on the motor.

Got the whole lot for $1500!:dance:

We've gotta get a few things to finish it out, (which will probably take us the rest of the summer with our schedules the way they are) like a jackplate, Shallowblaster, electrical panel, etc., but she'll be SWEET when she's done!!

Attachments

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,162 Posts
Intertesting... something don't sound right (an old saying comes to mind) but then again I don't know the full story. Congrats!

·
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL at InfamousJ.....nope, it's not stolen! Buddy got it as a project for himself but got to the point where he was sick of working on it and found himself another rig that's ready to fish. Just wanted his money back for the trailer and the gelcoat/paint work on this one. He got the motor from another buddy of his who bought it new and no longer had a use for it so gave it to him for "their" new fishin skiff!

Believe me, with my position at work, I am VERY cautious about this type of stuff, but I figured it wouldn't take long for someone to bring it up:wink:

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Boat

Funny how small the neighborhood is, I remember going to pick this boat up.
I did not think I would see it on this site this soon. Nice boat, great deal, and his story is correct. This boat is the original proto-type for a production boat. It should run anywhere you want to go.

Be Cool
Cloudfishing

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,162 Posts
Ha! Not my intention to scar the joy in this deal... just typing my thoughts without reserve. LOL I did say, Congrats!

Keep us posted on the trials.

·
Don't Tease The Dog !!!!!!
315 Posts
We have been working on this one for a while and finally decided to pull the trigger, hopefully by the end of the summer we will be stalking reds in the shallows on one 2cool skiff.

Maddog

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
I tell ya what... Charles makes a good little economical boat... Not to mention his very good glass job.... Not to mention he is a stand up guy

Youll like that boat

Thomas

·
Just plain old bowfisherman
669 Posts
Very nice

I'll be down there for the weekend, maybe i'll get to see it.
Now that I know who Triple F is maybe I can find out why it's Triple F and not the "Pine Post Boiler".

·
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
aaaahhhhhhhh, ye old "Pine Post" Ranch:smile:

If the old pine posts on that carport could talk there'd be a BUNCH of folks runnin around redfaced:redface: !!!

This "texas two guns" could only be 1 of 2 people, and one of em is a fishing guide who is out on the bays today, soooooooooooooooooooo.......

WHATS UP TONY!

Good to hear from ya on the ol board!

We'll try and hook up this weekend.....that Keema thing sounds like it might work out!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts