2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else havin trouble updating?

For the past two days I have been able to log in, but the process times out and shuts down after several minutes without receiving any incoming data.

Got any suggestions?

:rybka:

·
Registered
17,210 Posts
I am not having any problems. You can go to their web site and download the update files and just install.

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
Make sure there are no other updates/downloads trying at the same time. Firefox also released an update, so if they both try at the same time AVG will hang.

Clear your history and temp files, then they to update again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bill, I run Windows Pro XP, and nothing else is trying to connect or download.

Bobby, I can go to the homepage and download updates (but which one ???), but when completely downloaded I am only given the option to "Save", and after I do, I cannot open the file. :(

·
Registered
17,210 Posts
Open the control center. Then click on Properties. Uncheck the box before "Do not ask for update Source" Then click update. Click on Folder and find the download and it will install it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Help! I can't find "Properties". Where is it hiding?
Bobby said:
Open the control center. Then click on Properties. Uncheck the box before "Do not ask for update Source" Then click update. Click on Folder and find the download and it will install it.
OK! Forget it. I found it finally. You need to open Control Center, then click on Update Manager, then "Properties". ~ I did it and it took the file. Now I will have to see what happens when there is a new update. I hope I won't have to do this every day!

Thanks, Bobby, and Bill !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts