2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
OllllO
8,874 Posts
You must be working up there for BP? I went to Naperville a few years ago and interviewed with BP... they made me an offer and then I thought about actually having to live up there! I PASSED! :D

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
I've spent a lot of time in Chicago and Naperville is a nice area, but nothing like good o'le Texas. Hope you can find a new job or get transferred back soon.

·
Registered
802 Posts
My 'soon to be bride' is from Lake Bluff Il. and would like to live there.
I'm from Tiki Island .....
Naw... don't think so. Don't want to live in a place that the outside of your house is colder than the inside of your freezer and you have to cut a hole thru ICE to fish!
Condolences to you Spots

·
POC chunker
9,209 Posts
I grew up there. The way you survive winter there is to take up bowling, billiards, and boilermakers during the week, and ice fishing on the weekends. Seriously, there's some good ice fishing on the Forest Preserve lakes West of Chicago, and on the Fox chain o lakes.

·
Standing on a Whale fishing for Minnows
9,467 Posts
No matter where you go , your body will acculmate cold/hot.. I know the heat peeps can only shed so much clothes . Otherwise they are stuck inside . My fav is poolside or boatside. In the white north , put on som layers and when its freaken nasty and below 20 beow zero . pay attention to the house.

·
More There than here..Gone fishin....
3,926 Posts
I dont want to hear it.. You complain about it yet your 5 mins away from REAL Pizza & Italion beefs..
keep lookin..theres jobs here..if ya wanna work for Manual labor..
Stay chilly..lol

·
Team Hi-Rev
1,721 Posts
I feel ya brotha. I was there with you last winter for the worst winter they had in 14 years. Luckily, I was called back to H-town in April.

I remember something like 30 consecutive days where it never got above 32 degrees. January was miserable....-50 degree wind chill ain't no punk fellas. Severe Cabin Fever occurs very rapidly around those parts.

Hope you make it back soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts