2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I just bought a Pair of Avet EXW 50/2's that didn't have the handle assy. Dose anyone know of any repair or parts places in texas?

I don't want to sent the reels back to Avet to get them fixed, unless i really need to.

I hope yall are having a good weekend. I hope to see some of you on the water in Jan down in venice.

Tight Lines

Willliam

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah pretty much all my offshore gear are Avets. I have 4 penn spinning reels and one or two penn 6/0 but i use those mostly for shark fishing on the beach. I have been working overseas for the past 3years to buy the good stuff. I've only gotten to use them a few times. That should change this coming year. I'm going to try to be fishing as much a i can from march-may. so i'll be looking for people to join me during that time.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I found the 50's on ebay I got them for 550. I missed out on a pair of new 80's that went for 1,150

Hey Guys what rods would yall say would match the 50's the best?

I have been looking online with no luck.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah i talked to one girl at Avet she was no help I asked here what came with the handle Assy and she couldn't tell me other then that it's $45 a handle. she did say "like" a lot

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Yeah, I have talked to her. She is no help you need to ask for a technician or sales person. It may be tough during the holiday season to get ahold of someone knowlegable.

If you want it fixed quicker just take it to FTU or Cut Rate and drop it off. Bass Pro will also take them in and send them off to Missouri for repair at reasonable costs. I sent some Penn Senators in with them once.

Other than that I am not sure what to tell you. Sorry.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Serious Tackle

Go by and see Chris at Serious Tackle (formerly Islander Tackle) on I-45 at the Texas City Outlet Mall. Great Guy that can fix you up...Good Luck out on the water

·
Lifes 2 Short 2 B So Serious All Da Time
4,273 Posts
Go by and see Chris at Serious Tackle (formerly Islander Tackle) on I-45 at the Texas City Outlet Mall. Great Guy that can fix you up...Good Luck out on the water
yep
X2

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
IMO, box them up and send them to Avet. I just sent 6 of mine for a refurb/checkup. For $35 each, the completely went through each one and changed drags, bearings, gears, etc. Also, for $25 each, they asked me if I wanted the new style handle. For that kind of money, its good to know it was done by someone very familiar with the reel. Got them back in about 1.5-2 weeks from the day I shipped them out.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys.

Why aren't yall on the water i check the weather report and it's a perfect day to be offshore

I'll check out the guy in Texas City

Any Ideas on matching these reels with some rods?

have a good weekend

3 more days left in Iraq, and 6 more left in the Middle East.

·
Registered
56 Posts
if you just need a grip, i have a bunch of those. if you mean a full handle, that would be an arm, a grip, a spindle that connects the grip to the arm, and some of the hardware in between. for a full handle assembly, you will probably have to go back to avet.

·
break out the 80's and them fancy lures
6,836 Posts
Any Ideas on matching these reels with some rods?
Call Don Savage. Work with him to custom design you some rods. You pick the colors, guides, butt, blank, etc. This is the only way to go. They are almost to pretty to get dirty. ALMOST.

Brandon

·
Banned
105 Posts
have you found the handles yet? if not call serious tackle in la marque tx. the number is409-935-1126 and talk to chris. if he doesnt have them he will get them for you and he does do reel repair and maint.

·
break out the 80's and them fancy lures
6,836 Posts
LOL. I don't think you have 50s on a Hopper. That would be funny. And yes, Hopper rods are sweet. I have 3 of the 4'10" jigging rods.

Brandon

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks guys i'll give serious tackle a call today. these reels are going to be for tuna and billfish do you have don's # Chase this

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
if you don't want to buy new i probably have some rods that you can buy that are top of the line or custom. just give a hollar when you get back in country and i can bring them along when we fish in january....rick

1 - 20 of 23 Posts