2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Can't you just go to a movie and enjoy the movie instead of analyzing it to the point it is not a good experience?

·
At the gym
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I loved the movie, it was great in 3D.

No analyzing here. How much you two got invested in the Movies stock? :eek:hwell:

·
Unruly Member
2,620 Posts
This is funny stuff. One could say he stole the story line. Or, he just followed Joseph Campbell's research on human mythology. Either way - I enjoy stuff like this. Thanks for posting.

·
At the gym
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HAHA! Yepper, they say it will exceed Titanic!

It is a must see on the IMAX screen, that is for sure.

·
"It's good to be...Me" ><)))'>
15,143 Posts
I loved the movie...I went to enjoy it, no analyze it.

·
Winter Hater
9,448 Posts
i think a blind hog found an acorn with titanic (cameron). titanic was a weepy love story with cool effects of a ship's last hours...a ship that was unsinkable.

avatar was a big special effects 3D thing, but it was as predictable as titanic was. i don't regret seeing it tho. 8 bucks is cheap entertainment.

and yes, i am a professional movie critic...;).

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
This is funny stuff. One could say he stole the story line. Or, he just followed Joseph Campbell's research on human mythology. Either way - I enjoy stuff like this. Thanks for posting.
hey man, never mention Joseph Campbell on a fishing forum.:rotfl:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
There are no original movie ideas anymore. They are all remakes of something else or a sequel to something or the same old boring storyline.

·
Unruly Member
2,620 Posts
hey man, never mention Joseph Campbell on a fishing forum.:rotfl:
Oh, contrar mon ami ...

Joe was a fine fisherman, and often incorporated his hobby into his work. An example of this comes to mind when reading thru this little ditty:

In 1944, Campbell was struggling to find that form. The pressure was on, because an editor at Simon and Schuster was interested in publishing a book by him on mythology, and wanted to see a sample chapter. Campbell dreamed that he was fishing, and having trouble baiting his hook. The worm broke in two. He tried to stitch it together to make a plausible impression of a fine live juicy worm, but as he tried to get it back on the hook the bait turned into a large fish. He felt the pain of the hooked fish, all the way up his backbone.

Well, after that Claven fact, next rounds on me!

Attachments

·
Banned
535 Posts
Boring story, hacky acting, ridiculous dialogue. The 3D was interesting for about 45 minutes, then I was looking at my watch. The last hour was absolutely painful.

Turns out my female companion was just as bored as I was and I could have left at anytime.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
My wife, son, and nephew all enjoyed it. I thought the visual effects were just awesome, enough so that they offset the triteness of the storyline.

I counted about six different movies.

Dances with Wolves
Little Big Man
Princess Mononoke
A Man Called Horse
Spirited Away
The Last Samurai

Cg

·
Registered
713 Posts
I don't figure why some people take these flicks so seriously with their "messages". They are entertainment to me and nothing more. Folks need to lighten up a bit. I enjoyed it.

byron

1 - 20 of 21 Posts