2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I' m returning this weekend to Friendswood to attempt to rebuild one section of fencing that was blown away. My question is how are the fencing supplies at Home Depot or Lowe's around the Friendswood/Southeast Houston area (pickets, cement, 2X4's) If the supplies are not readily available, I would rather wait than to make a wasted trip form new orleans.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Home depot in Alief has tons of roofing and fencing materials. I think most big box stores are shipping everything they have to the region. They would be stupid not to.

·
Registered
7,942 Posts
Is it looting to pilfer a trash heap out on the curb ? Seems like my neighbors are throwing away a lot of easily salvageable fencing material that is not very old.

No, I dont need fencing and no I have not been going through folks rubble. Just seems like a huge waste.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sloan lumber in hitchcock has 1x6x6 cedar pickets grade 1 for $3.59
each. They are the highest I've ever seen and paid but I only needed 16 of them.

·
Hunting Machine!
5,831 Posts
I have been building fences for customers and 2coolers all week--no problems getting materials yet--just need to look thru the pickets and get a good pallet and good strait 4x4's etc.--same game.

Lowes had some good pallets for me this week--only 1 bone in the pile.--very lucky usually have a stack of bones after a job! Good luck with your job--If you need any help just shout at me.

swampus

1 - 9 of 9 Posts