2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK....I have lived here all my life in central Texas, but on occasion a really good place pops up that I miss. Post up with your favorite place to eat BBQ in the Austin area (within 30 mins).

The obvious ones are Salt Lick, Rudy's, Iron Works, Smokey Moes, Louie Millers in Taylor, Blacks in Lockhart, Crosstown - Meyers - Southside in Elgin. Let's hear about some I am missing, so I can hit them this week!

Always up for some Q! :)

Oh yeah....let me know what you like there the best! Brisket, Ribs, Sausage, Smoked Ribeyes etc

·
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)
4,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
May have to do that on a rainy day! Sounds good to me! How late are they open, do you know? I have heard of them. I think I ate there once. What is best?

·
Registered
988 Posts
If you go to Cooper's.....u gotta have the pork chop.

mmmmmmmmmm good.

1. Salt Lick (ribs)
2. City Market - Luling (ribs & hot links & BBQ sauce)
3. Cooper's (pork chops)

City Market in Luling is WAY better than anything in Lockhart. It's been around a long, long time.

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
I wish they'd rebuild the Bert's on 19th...er, I mean MLK. I could go for a T-Man right now. There is one out on Far West but it's just not the same.

·
donbmt
667 Posts
What about Stubb's? The last couple of times I've been in Austin the line was too long at lunch so I ate across the street at the mexican food place, it's pretty good.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I second that!!! Thats my Fav. We moved to the DFW Area, but I still make the wife drive down and go there on my birthday. I like the "On the Lake" Location best. You can go out and feed the Catfish or turtles under the light after you eat. My Son loves that!!

fishnlab said:
Come on!! County Line..On the hill or On the lake.

Salt Lick, County Line and Rudys are the best IMO,
Iron Works and Smokey Moes....so so.
Duke's in G-Town gets no love from me.

·
Registered
173 Posts
best meats/sides

It is all very good, but I really like the brisket, sausage, pork chops and goat ribs (these sell out quick). Be prepared to spend more for bbq than you are used to but it is worth it. You get to pick which meats you want off the pit. The potato salad and bean are excellent as well.

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Ah yes, Jaime's. Good, no, GREAT margaritas. This will be the first football season without Jaime. Will have to drink a few for him.

·
Banned
726 Posts
Live Music

If you also want to hear some local Austin music, Lambert's downtown is getting some good reviews for their barbeque and live music.

BB

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,581 Posts
I like Rudy Mikeska's in Taylor and Mueller's Barbeque as well.

Salt Lick...love their ribs and sauce. I don't like Rudy's Bbq but I love their sauce so I order it. :D

TH

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I like Southside in Elgin, I usually stop there for sausage whenever I'm going that way. I eat at Smokey Mo's, Rudy's, and Poke-Jo's in RR every now and again. I like PKJ's the best for Round Rock but Rudy's is pretty good too. Been a while since I have eaten at Coopers but its good. I stick to the places out here typically (RR, Gtown, etc.), I don't get to venture into Austin all that often w/ work and kiddos. I would like to try Salt Lick and County Line some time. Been a while since I've been to Stubbs but I remember it being good.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts