2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please feel free to explain to the board if you would. i will not mind. just finished bbq'ing chicken and had a chance to fish for a little bit today. waters were messed up here in NC Morehead area with incoming Jeanne. lots of seaweed. fish are there but conditions just not right. anyhow, it was the first chance we've had to fish since hot weather/getting a new puppy and training him. he's doing really great by the way! sorry for no cap letters. don't have time .... test today was a renal cat scan where the radioactive dye is inserted into the vein for pictures Xray. doctors were wonderful! will elaborate later on this. still have to get that nasty one I am not looking forward to....cystoscopy where I assume a pencil diameter scope is inserted into the urinary area and scoped with a lense. Yup....honey....I remember you talking about this so I am not real happy about it but, heah...I has to be done. tests today showed nothing and I was in there an hour total. no pain today and doctors are really concerned about pain nowadays and doing these tests. God my little corpsman was from Montana and he did such a good job inserting the IV. I cannot explain the blood clots in the urine Aunt Joyce and they will figure it out but I am still worried a little. In the meantime my sweet husband is doing dishes and my dog is being by my side. I love you and hope this answers your questions. I would have called but with doing chicken and all that has happened today I could not talk much more on the phone. Gary called and I gave him a few minutes. Love you...Glenda

·
Banned
1,808 Posts

"Small miseries, like small debts, hit us in so many places, and meet us at so many turns and corners, that what they want in weight, they make up in number, and render it less hazardous to stand the fire of one cannon ball, than a volley composed of such a shower of bullets. "

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Sweet neecey Glenda ....

Now that I don't have any more secrets .......(just kidding)
Darlin you won't feel a thing during the cystoscopy because they put you to sleep. If they said "cystoscope", that's different. You're awake. But I believe most discomfort that's felt with a cystoscope comes from the patient tensing up because of fear of what's to come. And before the cystoscope anesthesia is first injected.

What I was complaining about, way back then, was the chemo which was injected each time by cystoscope. That's completly different. Yes, those treatments hurt....but it was a lot better than the alternative.

And Glenda, remember I had all of those tests but the final one was the one that discovered what was going on. The name of this test is RETROGRADE. Ask the Urologist about this.

I do understand your rationing your telephone calls. I surely did a lot of that when going through this thing. But it would be nice to hear your voice again.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tests coming up

nada on the renal catscan except checking blood for normal stuff. consult for bladder scope 7 oct. and test whenever they schedule. in the meantime busy as usual and hoping for cooler weather coming tomorrow and hope fishing picks up. we seldom get to the beach. rick had a root canal and crown and i have two fillings and a crown scheduled next two mos. dog doing wonderful. no time to write....little time to think....have to close up pool soon.

I love you Aunt Joyce....g

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
I love you, too Glenda ....

The way you're handling this is exactly the best way! Keep it up!
You and Rick are very strong...and I've been praying over this and I know the Lord is at your side every minute. Have they discussed a
"cystoscopy" yet? Remember they put you to sleep for that.
Or, have they said
"cystoscope" ..... which probably what they mean when they say "bladder scope". Remember what I said about that previously:
"
I believe most discomfort that's felt with a cystoscope comes from the patient tensing up because of fear of what's to come. And before the cystoscope anesthesia is first injected."
Darling my Urologist performed quite a few tests that showed everything normal...until he did the final test...a RETROGRADE. You might talk to your Urologist about that.
In another week I go for my yearly check to be sure everything's still normal. I will have a cystoscope. I'm not at all concerned about the scoping. I am a little concerned about what he'll find.
I have to do this for the rest of my life...and I've had so many scopes, it's just routine now.
Ask the doc to let you watch the screen during the procedure. It's really hilarious to see what it looks like in there!
And I have nothing to complain about! It was 1990 when my cancerous kidney was removed. It came back in the bladder in 2001. And here I am!
I have been very, very blessed.
Love,
Aunt Joyce

1 - 5 of 5 Posts