2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on the fish up until a couple weeks ago. Now i only catch a few each trip out?? What Do the trout ussually do during Aug / sept?? any help would be greatly appreciated. Went out yesterday evening and caught my fist jack on the spoil banks.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Now i have seen some big fish before on here, but this is the first time ive seen a fish as long as the guy holding it. Just kidding, good job David. As for September fishing ,Rockport reds will be schooling soon,and you know where to stay and who to go with. Lets make plans to do it. Again, way to go. Take care

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
they do what people do , melow out because there is less oxgen in 90 deg water that was the temp at sunrise , aim for them in deep water in 15+ ,use croaker since there are too many bait stealers , rig, jetties , if you are able to see the ships , you can see a tsunami if there are shallow waters nearby .

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
we were drifting shell in 9 ft of water picking up a few keeper trout on live croaker. He hit ... i set the hook ...zzzzzzzz ..zzz....zzzzzzzzzzzzzz .then he stoped and came my way for a sec. i thought CCA TROUT !! .. then came zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.It almost spooled me when my buddy craked up and started chasing it down... finally got some line back .. stopped the boat and it started again ..zzzzzzzzz I was a good 15 min into the fight and down to the last 30 yds on my reel when he finally started to give a little back.. and 30 min later the pic was taken. All i can say is I WANT TO DO IT AGAIN !

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
You fill a pan full of grease put a brick in the middle,lay that jack on it and bring that grease up hot,then you take the fish off and eat the brick.lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts