2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Equine connoisseur
2,264 Posts
Nice pics, a waterbuck is a really cool animal but their meat is just about worthless. Hope you get to see one of them.

·
I can't see the Rockies from here !!
4,319 Posts
Great pics thanks for posting. I'd love to be able to see that
many different animals. Later Baker

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Are those free range or high fenced? Curious as to what's running around out there in the wild.

Are Axis moving South or are they still only in the Hill Country?

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are those free range or high fenced? Curious as to what's running around out there in the wild.

Are Axis moving South or are they still only in the Hill Country?
We are 10000 acres high fenced. Bunch of axis- hope to get some pics of some next time.

·
Registered
579 Posts
You don't get to hunt those exotics too do you? Red Lechwe are extremely beautiful - and pricey. The person probably called them a waterbuck because in their native Africa they prefer swampy areas like the Okavango Delta. That's one exotic that I don't think I'll ever get to put on the wall - too pricey for my pocketbook :(

Earl

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You don't get to hunt those exotics too do you? Red Lechwe are extremely beautiful - and pricey. The person probably called them a waterbuck because in their native Africa they prefer swampy areas like the Okavango Delta. That's one exotic that I don't think I'll ever get to put on the wall - too pricey for my pocketbook :(

Earl
That Lechwe was beautiful, first time for me to see them.
Black buck, axis and a lot of the ram's are 1500 for guests, 750 for members. There are some oryx and addix (?) and other ones floating around out there, but some are off limits right now while we are trying to build the herds up.
The Audad's were free, but went up to 700 for guests, 350 for members.
We can shoot all the Rhea we want- do not know why anyone has not yet! ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts