2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found an aftermarket receiver hitch that does not sway from side to side when pressure is applied to it (brakes or backing up a trailer)?

I really just want it for my road feeder. I may have to have someone fabricate it to the brush guard on front with a welder.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Had the same problem with mine but is easily cured. Take a ratchet style tie down strap and hook it to the rear rack on both sides of the feeder and tighten her up! Problem solved! Never had a problem with mine after that and I used a 100# feeder. It also keeps the feeder from leaning back!

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
br1006 said:
Had the same problem with mine but is easily cured. Take a ratchet style tie down strap and hook it to the rear rack on both sides of the feeder and tighten her up! Problem solved! Never had a problem with mine after that and I used a 100# feeder. It also keeps the feeder from leaning back!
Only problem there is I have a 6x6. No rack.

I may need to see if there is a front-mount available or like I said before, have one welded on the front brush guard.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
OK, Do as I do on my mule. get a tailgate feeder that is designed to hangover a pickup tailgate and hang it on the rear and then bungee strap the bottom to the receiver hitch to keep it from bouncing. I also had to mount some 2x2's on the bracket to make it fit my mule tailgate snug. Or, buy a venado brand tailgate feeder. Their brackets are adjustable to different widths. I am confident that in typical ******* fashion there is a solution involving some duct tape and bailing wire somewhere!! LOL!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts