2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I spend more time fishing, than catching
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister-in-law needs a really good divorce attorney in the Corpus Christi/Portland/Rockport area. Does anyone know of one that could work with her on a payment plan?

Any info would be great....Thank you in advance!

·
Maker of laser engraved switch panels
3,766 Posts
Don't know if he takes payments, but Bill Dudley is good. Your sister-i-l would be better served to work it out on paper and ask the judge to approve an agreed settlement. It will cost everyone less $$$$$$$$$$, time, and heartache.

Lawyers serve a purpose, but if you can get by without them, you will be better off generally.

·
I spend more time fishing, than catching
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UMMM.....if the other party were reasonable that might work. My SIL was trying....But the other party's girlfriend of the last year who just got her divorce settlement is hiring him attorney. It's ugly and my SIL has been more than classy about the whole ordeal even finding out about the affair. But a good attorney is what she needs!

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
You could try Gary Laws. He practices Family Law in CC. Good guy

·
Maker of laser engraved switch panels
3,766 Posts
Maybe your SIL should remind the other party that the reason they have the money to hire an atty is becase the GF was awarded a settlement. That will likely happen with your SIL too. So, if they want to save both the GF's money and the soon to be X BIL's money they could do the smart thing and work it out.

Legal help is not cheap, good legal help is even less so, but usually gives a better return on the money spent.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
gonna be EXPEEEEEENSIVE! I know first hand, 40+k in attorneys fees, and i still feel married!!!!!!

·
Winter Hater
9,448 Posts
the less the parties can agree on, the more $ the attorney will get. if the parties can get it in their heads that both will lose out of the deal, then they need to take their losses - however unfair they seem - and work it out minus the attorney. difficult, but possible.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
I hope your SIL isn't married to your brother..?? But then again, we don't get to pick our family...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts