2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from POC yesterday and if anyone is thinking of taking the scenic route, DONT! They are doing a lot of construction on 35 and its a mess. I went that way Wed since I wasnt in a hurry and I had never gone that way. Big mistake. Lots of delays and one laners. Take 59 and drop down. Its much faster.

Zac

·
Old yellow member
2,275 Posts
ANyone planning on leaving this morning don't take 59

Just seen on the TV that a truck is leaking Hydrocloric Acid and 59 is shut down both ways. That's going to be a mess for awhile I'm sure.

M

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
i just saw that too. looks like everyone needs to avoid 59 till they get that cleaned up.

·
NRA LIFER
3,210 Posts
To get around it........

Exit highway 6 off SW fwy, take a right and go to Hwy 90.

left on 90 and go to either 762 or 36 in Richmond/Rosenberg, take a left on either and go back to the SW fwy.

If the backup Southbound is past hwy 6, you can exit at Corporate and pickup 90 at the new traffic interchange of SW fwy and 90. Go right on 90 and go to Rose/Rich.

Either will be slower, but it beats sitting in a stopped lane of cars.

Good luck,
Bob

·
Registered
781 Posts
Not sure how far around it is for you guys, but you can take 10 to Columbus then 71 to El Campo. Sounds like 59 is going to be a mess for a while.......Q

·
Ice tea and beans
4,589 Posts
I'll be taking 90, over towards 36.......I work right at 6 and 59........

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
BertS said:
I'll be taking 90, over towards 36.......I work right at 6 and 59........
Dude, that's gonna, like, suck for you if they don't have that **** cleared up before ya'll leave.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts