2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of switching from comcast to ATT what is the collective consensus on this, is ATT a better services or am i bettter of with comcast?

·
Twitch..Twitch--->Boom
Majek Texas Slam
5,354 Posts
I used to have ATT U-Verse and went back to Comcast. I liked ATT but always had billing issues with them. Got tired of fight with them and went back to comcast. Also in Pearland i would lose signal, screen would freeze, having to reset all the time. Great HD channels but i just got tired of the run around. Hope this help... my .2

·
Roll Tide!
15,787 Posts
I used to have ATT U-Verse and went back to Comcast. I liked ATT but always had billing issues with them. Got tired of fight with them and went back to comcast. Also in Pearland i would lose signal, screen would freeze, having to reset all the time. Great HD channels but i just got tired of the run around. Hope this help... my .2
Ditto. It's a good concept and a good price, but technically Comcast is still better. The thing that always annoyed me is that when the telephone would ring, the TV would fritz out for a few seconds.

Also, you can record 4 channels at once and watch the playback on any TV. However, that's 4 standard def channels. You can only record/watch two HD channels at once. And that's for the whole house, not each TV. When the boys were home for the holidays that was a real PITA.

I just went back to comcast.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I fired Comcast when I found out on here that I was paying double for internet what some others were - tried Uverse for a week but screen kept freezing up & couldn't pause & go back & forth on 2 channels like on my Direct TV TiVo. Went back to Direct TV & don't see me changing as long as they keep me happy.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I dropped Comcast and never looked back. Their service was awful. I have had Uverse about 2 years in West Houston and love it. There is no lag in changing channels, it has extra features (games, internet connectivity, etc.). Being able to watch DVR programs on any of the other TVs in the house, set recordings from any TV in the house, etc. All of my neighborhood friends have switched over and love it. No provider will be perfect, but I've been very happy with Uverse.

·
Custom User Title space for rent
5,217 Posts
No experience with ATT but if people are leaving them to go back to Comcast...wow. I thought Comcast was the bottom of the barrel. Directv for me.

·
Just call me Breeze
17,287 Posts
Seems ATT is either great or sucks. Depends on how your area is wired. I would ask some neighbors if they have it? Comcast just bought NBC / Universal. Getting bigger, so their price will probably go even higher. I have basic Comcast cable TV and its $55. We are getting screwed.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Mr. Breeze, i think you're right. My wife went to Pearland a few months back to visit a friend. Said friend had U-Verse with no problems. Wife liked it so much she wanted us to switch after 6 years with DirectTV. Our problems with Uverse started the day after the tech installed our equipment. We had to reset our main box 5 or 6 times a day which means that every TV in the house went down for a few minutes along with the internet and telephone line because they are all connected. What a PITA. After several failed attempts a tech finally suggested that the main box could be bad. So he switched it out and we haven't really had any probs since. Turns out that all Uverse equipment is REFURBISHED, so you really don't know what you're getting.

Seabass

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
I had Comcast TV and I-net. I was paying $105 a month.

I now have ATT U-Verse Phone, TV and I-net and am paying $129 a month for more service and faster I-net connection. I haven't had any problems.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Comcast

Thanks for all the infromation...Cancel Comcast 3 months ago, due to bad reception. After 10 service calls & fighting with the people on the phone cancel their service. Went to Lowes's purchased an antennna & installed it in the attic. We receive HD stations with a crystal clear picture. AT&T just activated their service in this area. They are coming out tuesday to install their equipment. I hope to get "GOOD" equipment for their service. If not, back to the antenna in the attic.

·
Always causing trouble
1,954 Posts
If you have more than one HDTV, you can only watch one TV in your house at a time in HD with ATT... that is why we don't have it.
You should be able to watch and/or record two HD programs at the same time in a household. Or four standard programs. There are four streams coming into the house, and HD takes two.

We have u-verse in San Antonio, and that's the way it works for us.

You can also record a show in one room on the DVR box, and watch it later in another room.

We've had no problems so far, except one of the receiver boxes went bad; they came out and replaced it, no charge, no problems.

·
Team Hi-Rev
1,721 Posts
I have had Comcast twice, not by choice, but because of the area I was in both times. I have had Dish Network, which was my second favorite service. Now have Uverse and I would be very happy if I never heard the word Comcast again...worst company I have ever dealt with and the cable service just plain sux. I couldn't be happier with Uverse and have had zero issues with ATT.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts