2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
14,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let Me Tell Ya 2 Coolers. You Have Not Kayaked Until You Spend 3 Days In The Swamp. I Rented A 60 Ft. House Boat Out Of Henderson La. On The Atchafalaya Swamp This Weekend And It Was The Most Realistic Experiance I Have Had In A Long Time. I Took My Fly Rod To Catch A Variaty Of Fishes. I Never Thought That Alligator Ate Clouser Minnows But I Hooked A 7 Ft. Gator On The 8 Wt. Fly Rod And Needless To Say He Broke Off My 12 Lb. Tippet. I Caught Many Gar, And Had A Hard Time Finding The Bass And Crappie. But The Paddle Was The Most Here Are The Pics Of A Great Weekend In The Swamp. Some Are From The Bateau [small Boat]. Some From The Kayak. Hope You Enjoy Them As Much As I Did. Mrs. GULFCOASTRODS.had a wonderfull time also. and thanks luvs2fish for the shirt. I have 43 pics and will get them posted as soon as i can resize them all. the second pic is the gator i hooked on the fly rod. after he broke off. Randall

Attachments

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
Cool pics, Randall. Had to be a great trip for you. The basin is definitely a unique place.

Hope ya got to try some Crawfish Bisque at any of the great places in Henderson. Man, I miss that.

·
14,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pelican said:
Cool pics, Randall. Had to be a great trip for you. The basin is definitely a unique place.

Hope ya got to try some Crawfish Bisque at any of the great places in Henderson. Man, I miss that.
thanks pelican it was a supreme trip . no dads tho but a lot of steak and taters.
a little wierd with a gator almost the length of your kayak trying to eat you flies
while you are trying to catch fish. the bird was brite blue and they were everywhere. the flowers are a swamp hybiscus. they were the only flowers there. the pillons are the old bridge from laffaette to baton rouge. more pics. randall

Attachments

·
The Republic of Texas
4,607 Posts
Great pics. I hunt out there in the basin during deer season on the Attakappa WMA. It is a beautiful place anytime of year. I have posted several pics of this area too. My inlaws live there in that area, and I am glad I have had the opportunity to experience the river basin. Glad you had a good trip.

Mike

·
14,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
swamp

texacajun said:
Great pics. I hunt out there in the basin during deer season on the Attakappa WMA. It is a beautiful place anytime of year. I have posted several pics of this area too. My inlaws live there in that area, and I am glad I have had the opportunity to experience the river basin. Glad you had a good trip.

Mike
thanks mike . it is a wondefrull place. the fishing was not as good this time of year, but the scenery wes spectactular. the gar ate all of my clouser minnows and i could not get them to eat a deciever. wierd hu. the young boy in the pic is my nephews friend and a fellow flyfisher at the age of 16 we caught numerous aligator gar together in the bateau. more pics. randall

Attachments

·
14,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
jeff

jabx1962 said:
That's where I come from..
i guess you know where i am comming from then jefff. it was great trip and a mad paddle. just home a moment ago. randall

·
The Republic of Texas
4,607 Posts
The freshwater fishin may not be good there right now but the saltwater fishin is on right now. I went a few weekends ago w/ my BIL and we caught 20 trout on arties. The boat next to us had live bait and loaded up on a 4 man limit. We had a blast.

Jab-

I didn't know thats where you come from?!!! Hey I'm working on getting me an ice machine btw!!!!

Mike

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
Words cannot describe the Pristine beauty of the Atchafalaya treasure...

If you have never been there in an intimate way...you cannot fully understand what it's all about.

It's truly the last frontier in the Lower 48...

Thank you for posting the pics of Home....

Randall your Alright..

JB

·
Thank You! Next
7,758 Posts
My kin folk, were hiding right next to Jeff's .. I promise . Thanks for sharing Randall . Ditto what Jeff said..

·
Kayak Fisher
7,565 Posts
Randall,

The pics are outstanding! It's beautiful, and I know y'all must have had a fantastic time. You'll relive that experience every time you look at the photos! Ain't it grand?!

·
Big Fish Wish!
162 Posts
I grew up in that area. Hunted and fished all over those parts. Pretty cool out on a houseboat there. Who did you lease it from? I had a friend that had a few down there at one time.

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
texacajun said:
The freshwater fishin may not be good there right now but the saltwater fishin is on right now. I went a few weekends ago w/ my BIL and we caught 20 trout on arties. The boat next to us had live bait and loaded up on a 4 man limit. We had a blast.

Jab-

I didn't know thats where you come from?!!! Hey I'm working on getting me an ice machine btw!!!!

Mike
Mike..let me know ...I will help you get it home, and hook it up...your gonna need a filter set up....or Marvin Zindler will be featuring your house on "Slime in the Ice Machine"...

It's funny how many people go to the Mountain's, the Carribean, Europe, etc...and Rave about how beautiful it all is...and it really is...but.........

The Atchafalaya is a must see for anyone who enjoy's the unspoiled beauty of Nature....

·
Registered
265 Posts
Just so Ya'll know, older Bro set this trip up through www.houseboat-adventures.com in Henderson Louisiana. $500.00 for the weekend for the largest boat they have which was plenty big for 7 people.

Little Bro couldn't catch a cold in Antartica. Aahheee!

This was my third trip and each one was better than before. I book it every year just to see the basin up close and personal. The fish are there, you just have to be where they are at, at the right time. Regardless of the fish, the beauty of this place is something to behold, and the sound at night is spectacular with all of the frogs and bugs and whatever they are. It's loud!

The owners are great people and love what they do. If you get a chance, GO!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts