2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just about finished w/ this ATC(Advanced Tubular Concepts, not AmTak) build. This is the first of these blanks that I've built on. Very nice blank. This one is their PV 703, which is new this year. 8-15 lb;5/16-5/8 lure. I'm building this one for a Loomis GLX user, and was forced to keep the threadwork simple. I am sneaking in the weave, tho. I also picked up a PV 702, which will be next to build, if the CTS order doesn't arrive soon. Jerry

Attachments

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
14,926 Posts
That looks geat Jerry. I have wanted to build on one of those blanks since Shikari sold to them. how do they compare to the old p-703.

·
Registered
10,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ellis, as I told Randall in a pm, I'll know more after it's finished. I'm real interested in what the MD says that I'm building for. He's an awesome fisherman w/ artys, and I'm trying to show him there's something besides Loomis out there, and also the custom aspect. My initial impression is it's a higher modulus graphite than the Shikari III 703... definitely smaller diam butt, but slightly 'stiffer". The spec called for a 4.5 tiptop, but a 5.0 fit. That's why I keep lots of different sized tiptops! Time from order to receiving the ATC's was ~ 9 wks. Hope the distributors(Bingham and Fishsticks4you) get stocked up soon! Jerry

·
Registered
513 Posts
Gee Whizz, Jerry,

Blue and White??...now if somehow you could just spruce it up a bit, and sneak in a little off-colored, darker, Tennessee Orange :):):)

AS USUAL, ONE OF YOUR "IF YOU CAN'T DO IT RIGHT, DON'T DO IT" WORK OF ART. I mean, some of your stuff is like some of the hundreds of lures I have...just simply too good lookin' to subject it to abuse! D#@@ good work Jerry!!

Joe

·
Texas Rod Builders
6,338 Posts
Man, thats some good lookin' cork.If you get any feedback on ATC from your client , post up and let us know what he thinks............. Don't ya just hate to "keep it simple" ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts