2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used stub hub VS. Astros/ticketmaster?
I hate paying ticketmasters services fees but have never used Stub Hub.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have had good luck with stub hub and also ticketsnow.com. You do have to be careful often the other services also charges fees but they do not tell you until check out.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have almost always found stub hub to be about 10 - 20 dollers more expensive than ticketmaster. Although I do like that you are able to see what section and seats are available vs ticketmaster telling you this is best available.

·
Registered
857 Posts
We use stubhub to sell season tickets of ours that we can't use. It is easy to deal with, reliable and trustworthy, but it probably won't save you that much jingle jangle. We almost always get face value. It will usually get you access to better tickets though, because most of the really good seats are held by season ticket holders, many of whom use stubhub to disperse unused tickets.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Im surprised thier even selling tickets still. The LASTROS of old are back, cellar dwellers not far away!

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've used them before. I really didn't save much coin, but I at least got the tickets when Ticketmaster didn't have anything available. Their website is pretty simple to use and picking up the tickets before the game was easy.

·
<***********>< Fish on.
3,101 Posts
This is the ticket exchange from the Astros website, I have never used it but may be helpful for you.

http://teamexchange.ticketmaster.com/html/eventlist.htmI?l=EN&team=astros

Not to jack your thread, but...

My daughters soccer coach invited us to sit with him in his suite for Sunday's game. I am pretty excited about it, as I have never had the chance to sit in one. He dropped the 4 tickets off yesterday and each one cost $145. IMO that is a bit much for one ticket.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went the stub hub route and no you aren't saving any money after paying a commission fee and handling fee. But the site is easy to use and it appears that picking up the tickets will be no problem as well.

·
Lower Keys ShallowSport Club Members: 1
2,188 Posts
Like everyone else has said, you're not going to save any money on stubhub. It's good for hard to get tickets though. I just bought four tickets for face value yesterday off of it for the last Astros game of the season. When I heard BGO was officially retiring I wanted to be there for his last game. When I went to astros.com (ticketmaster) the best available were in the nose bleeds. I guess everyone else had the same idea I did. I was able to get some decent seats (field level, first base side) from stubhub for face, so all I was out was the shipping.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Tailchaser, you are lucky to get that many tickets in a row. I bought one and didn't read the whole thing on the Astros Exchange for $175 section 205 row 5 seat 6 and figured out I had read wrong and wasn't 6 tickets but one. So I Ebayed it and got $235 for 1 ticket within 12 hrs. After the paypal charges and ebay charges wasn't so much but was happy to get my money back and a little extra. But now, there are no seats that I can find 4 in a row for and the seat I sold is now going for much more. I love Biggio but not for $200 a seat.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Oh yeah I checked stubhub and their prices were high. But then again they're all gonna be high for that game. Wait till a few weeks before the game and hope they release tickets on astros.com. Just have to be fast if not the scalpers will grab them up fast.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Bache gonna pitch here for the Hooks in Aug, then on to Round Rock to finish rehab. Will have to check it out.

·
Lower Keys ShallowSport Club Members: 1
2,188 Posts
Update!

Looks like I'm going to have to take my stubhub recommendation away. I was informed today that the seller is saying the tickets are no longer available, no reason given. I got suspicious after I hadn't received the confirmation e-mail and called them to see what was up. What get's me is as the buyer you are commited to buying, whether you can or not, but the seller can back out at any time. I guess when they realized they could potentially sell them for four times what I was going to pay they told stubhub to pound sand. Had I been aware of this I would have explored other options, but it's too late for that. So much for their 100% guarantee. I give stubhub a big orange thumbs down.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts