2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 257 Posts

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Last episode we were talking about shocks and the difference between the FTs and 3 Racings aftermarket shocks. And on a side note, this is Guffs thread! Knowing him, its all about technical talk and not about Carp fish.

For the "Hinted Impaired", You just got told! :D

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Uh oh, it just got ugly!

Seriously Rex, both are great little cars. Do like me and get both! For offroad I like the 'detta, but for onroad stuff the Associated works very well.

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
rex cars said:
I wanna 18th scale truck. 18T or Vendetta? Opinions?
Go with the Vendetta!

Edit: Guess I should of posted why!

Right out of the box the Duratrax Vendetta is the best deal for for someone new who doesnt care about bling and running a M11 with a Spectrum system. The AEs are for hardcore racers who are single and dont mind spending, or actually LIKE spending money on RC!

IMO, before its over with, the RC18s with the right set ups will be faster than the VDs. I think!

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Guffinator said:
Uh oh, it just got ugly!

Seriously Rex, both are great little cars. Do like me and get both! For offroad I like the 'detta, but for onroad stuff the Associated works very well.
Take it from someone with years of experience. Get both, 'cause that's what's gonna happen anyway. And go ahead and start clearing space for a monster truck, a gas truck, a dragster, couple of 1/10 electric cars, and maybe a 1/8 buggy too. These things are like crack for mechano geeks, LOL. Both of those cars are good. Come out and try one of each this weekend, a lot of it's just personal preference.

·
Registered
176 Posts
You definitely have a dilemma...

If I didn't already have 3 18T's I would get a Vendetta St, but I don't wanna bother with spare parts for 2 different brands

·
Registered
108 Posts
your right chris old buddy it is like (crack) you know me i have a lot of nice toys
but with my situation right i have not been able to come out and race. but some
people (we wont say who thinks i shouldnt be posting) but your wrong i love this sport like everybody else.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Todd is working this Sat. But, his new truck should be here today and we're going to put that bad boy together so he can come race offroad Sat after he gets off. And yeah, out of the box the Detta is much better than the RTR RC18B/T. If you go with the Factory Team RC18's then they're comparable to the Dettas. But, by the time you buy the FT version, and add motor, speedo, and servo to it you're going to be in the $300 range. If you don't already have a radio then you have to buy that too. For $150 you can get a RTR Detta, radio and all. The only hopup I think the Detta needs are the steel drive axles, but you can do that when the plastic breaks. The Dettas are definitely the most bang for the buck.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm still running the plastic ones. They don't seem to be that big of an issue (knock on wood) and they are cheap as dirt.

Well my deal fell through on the 18T, so I am still T-less. Must....refrain....from...calling Tower with credit card.....

1 - 20 of 257 Posts