2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three more days!!! :fireworks

http://www.awbansunset.com

The next gun show is going to be fun! Lots of nice rifles will be dug up out of the ground and brought to market. Hi cap mags will be available for newly manufactured guns. Prices of the mags will be cheap, and rifle prices will probably fall, too!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's dead

A new bill or renewal will never get to Bush's desk. Congress has killed attempts multiple times. Go ahead and count the chickens. It's done for.

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
It is dead

it is nice to get excited and hopeful but 3 seconds with the ink pen and it's finished.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not

Signing a renewal will be political suicide by Bush and the Congressmen. Why do you think Bush Sr. wasn't re-elected? His gun ban was a major contributor to Clinton being elected, besides Ross Perot. Why do you think the Congress changed leadership in 1994? That was largely due to the Clinton gun ban. Bush won't sign it. It's done. That's not to say that he wouldn't sign something after he's re-elected, but it has to be passed by both the House and Senate first, which has about a 0% chance. NO bill can be drafted, debated, voted on, and make it to the President's desk in 3 days. I don't even think the 9/11 relief bill made it that fast.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Just anote of history, A declaration of war it a congressional bill, and one was passed in 24hrs, dec 8 1941.

But the gun ban will be done on Monday for a while at least.

·
Registered
236 Posts
My prediction is it sunsets, then after the election if the frenchman gets in office it'll be back bigger than ever, if Bush get's back in it'll probably be made permanent. I hope not but I have a bad feeling about it.

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Ak-47?

I know that the AR-15 was part of the ban, but will we really be able to get an AK-47. That would be too cool. If not Kerry is using that to scare people into demanding permanent legislation to be passed. We all know that Guns don't kill people, people do. So how did the "left" convince 2/3rds of the people to be so anti-gun? I WANT MY AK-47!!! Actually a BAR 50 would be my first choice.

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
huntingonefishin said:
I know that the AR-15 was part of the ban, but will we really be able to get an AK-47. That would be too cool. If not Kerry is using that to scare people into demanding permanent legislation to be passed. We all know that Guns don't kill people, people do. So how did the "left" convince 2/3rds of the people to be so anti-gun? I WANT MY AK-47!!! Actually a BAR 50 would be my first choice.
Yes you can and always have been able to get a semi-automatic AK-47.

The ban only dealt with cosmectic features on semi-automatic firearms and the magazines that held more than 10 rounds.

If you want full-auto. Pay for a tax stamp, jump thought all the federal hoops and pony up the $7000.00 + dollars for a firearm. It is still legal today as it has always been.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Well, we're in the clear for now. Congress was not in session today and won't reconviene until Monday afternoon. Sunday is the last full day of the ban. So does that mean we can start threadding barrels tonight? Guess I'll wait til monday just to be safe. Nasakid, you're right now we can go buy all the parts for our "nutered" rifles!

Enjoy it while it lasts.

·
Registered
726 Posts
According to what I've seen so far this morning, the U.S. Dept. of Justice considered the AWB expired at midnight last night.
It is dead for now.
The gun fearing wussies will be back. Count on it. God help us if Kerry gets in.
Fienstien has been crying her eyes out all over TV the last few days.
"The streets will be awash in blood" and all that crapola. Please.
My biggest beef is the disinformation about the AWB in the mass media. Children can you say hysteria?
Yeah, I know. Believe the mass media at your peril.

·
CantRe Member
782 Posts
You know they'll cry wolf until somebody puts up more legislation for gun control. They won't stop until the regular law abiding citizens can no longer buy them, only the criminals will have access on the black market.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts