2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my sons and i are going down to port a july 14-18, we normally use live bait. we would like to try some artificial bait (plastic and topwater) for reds and specks. can anybody help? thanks. also maybe a good place to purchase some while we are down there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
plan on fishing around the lighthouse on the lac , traylor island, mud island, east flats. want to try going out to jetties also, havent done that yet. if we go to the jetties or along the beach what live bait would be good to use?

·
Ankle Deep Custom Rods
3,467 Posts
The way the weather is sounding right now down there, I don't think you need to worry about fishing anytime soon...Some area's recieved 6"-8" in a 2 hour period, Port Aransas has a foot of standing water in places. And more rain in the forecast

·
Ankle Deep Custom Rods
3,467 Posts
I wouldn't think so...especially by the 14th. I was just making the comment about all the rain they are getting down there, I was down there fri-wed of this week and it rained pretty much the whole time and they are still getting hammered from what I read in the Corpus paper and talked to a couple people down there.

·
Time to make the Donuts...
3,315 Posts
Glad to see the rain but...

I can't even begin to imagine what the skeeters will be like. Although it's going to be wet it looks like the winds will be tolerable. I would start with topwaters in the morning and then move on to a dark colored plastic as time went on. I've heard two good reports from the board about the back side of Mud Island. It's been about three weeks but me and some buddies of mine did pretty good wading Traylor for trout.

Good luck,
James

1 - 13 of 13 Posts