2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Depends

A lot depends on your draw weight... I shoot about 68 lbs and prefer aluminum (2317) arrows and Muzzy 3 blade 100 grain broadheads. I have tried carbon arrows and have had a couple explode on impact of a hogs shoulder. I also tried mechanical broadheads and don't have confidence in them--even though they are extremely popular. The most important thing whatever your choice is to practice with exactly what you plan to use while hunting. I definitely recommend fixed blade for hogs.

·
I once killed two stones with one bird..
689 Posts
What Chicken said. I shoot 86lbs draw with 2514 XX-75's and 125gr Thunderheads. I've changed the draw weight and the arrow spine, but the basic set-up is all I've shot for 20yrs. I've often thought about trying the carbon arrows or mechanicals, but then I think about "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" and just keep on with my current set up. My only advise is to stay away from overdraws and lite arrows.
Good luck.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Magnus Stingers and/or Thunderheads. Why? because they hit right where my field points do. Aluminum 2514 and 2512, depends on head weight. Any combo of these heads and arrows will do just fine for deer or hogs. The 2512s are pretty much done when you shoot them into an animal. They do not hold up well. The 14s are a little tougher.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts