2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shoot a Mathews Ultra Max and currently shoot aluminum arrows. Im going to completly overhall my bow and do not know where to start with arrow selection. I want to shoot carbon arrows to increase my fps. What are some good strong and reliable arrows to look into buying? Also i want to upgrade my sights as well. Any favorites out there?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I like Carbon Express arrows, they are some of the heavier carbons, but will still be faster than your aluminum ones.

There is more to being effective than just speed. If you go to light just for "fps", you can do harm to your bow and you will lose penetrating power.

Goldtips are lighter and have a big following. I don't think they are quite as tough, but they are good arrows.

I bought my last dozen in Humble at Sure Shot, but have ordered them as well on line from Keystone Country Store.

·
Time to make the Donuts...
3,315 Posts
I used Goldtips for a couple of years and been using Beman arrows this past two years. I think the Beman's seem to be a little stronger. but either one is a great place to start without breaking the bank.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Ive shot the Goldtips, they where good, but not good enough. The arrow would spline with a broadhead(which was because I had to weak of an arrow) and they where slow, but a good cheap begginner arrow. I shot the Beman, they are good for mid range arrow, but this year I am shooting the Axis and LOVE them. Fast, accurate(you can really tell a diffrence between these and the ones Ive shot in the past) and light, but cost a little more.
As far as sights, I shot an Apex 6 pin pendulmn sight. Its easy to adjust, but I dont use all 6 pins. and accurate for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts