2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leslie?
Well, here goes!

#1. You at 1 yrs. old. Taken during a family picnic on top of Harris Hill overlooking Big Flats, Elmira, N.Y. We had our picnic next to the pilot's pavillion where the Wright brothers actually DID have their first flight (not at Kittyhawk). The Wright brothers and the DuPont boys flew gliders from there regularly.

#2. You at 5 yrs. old in Hawthorne Court where I turned one of our closets into a dark room and developed film from a 4"x5" Speed Graphic camera then printed the good negatives. This was my first attempt using natural light instead of flash. You just look so great there!

#3. Is your Mommy on the WECT-TV float headed for a parade (I'm the little lady peeking out between the shoulders of Cowboy Rod Lund and Bob Bolger) You and Eric would watch me on TV and be all excited when I arrived home after the show.

#4. Is so precious to me. That's my Mom and Dad in 1926. (I know you remember my Mom but you were just a little over a year old when my Dad went to heaven).
Mom wrote on the back of the photo..."Evansville, Ind. 1926. Had gone on Easter to church, then sight-seeing. Sullivan, Indiana was never like this - hot!"

So, Leslie...after seeing you photo I started looking through old photos at my desk to see what photos I had of you right at hand. These photos sure brought back happy memories for me....I hope they do for you, too.

Mom

·
Registered
7 Posts
:fireworks :birthday: OK, HERE WE GO AGAIN... HAPPY **'th:birthday: :fireworks

TOO MANY CANDLES, SOMEBODY KICK UP THAT AIRCONDITIONING

:fireworks :birthday: HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY... BABY:birthday: :fireworks

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, that's a real nice post Leslie!

I sure wish you were here so I could hug you!

I think your brothers have something planned for tomorrow. They wanted to take me out for lobster but, my spine says "No!". But they always know how to make things really special. So, I'm holding onto my hat.

You and your brothers have made life very special for me! Never forget that.

Mom

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And right back to you Leslie ...

a hug we both enjoy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts