2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
I still use BOA. I've never had a problem with them at all but I know some folks avoid the monster banks..

·
Reel Easy
2,676 Posts
I've banked with Chase for a long time and they have always treated me well and been on my side..I plan on staying with them

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Local bank for 11 years now. No problems.

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
i've only dealt with a bank once in my life, and that's only because i owned a business in crystal beach and it was the only place nearby to deposit the daily receipts. that bank was just okay.

my dad worked for oil company, and i've had an account at their credit union since i was 6 years old. that's the only place i've ever really done business, and it's the only place i still do business now. they treat me like a king. :smile:

i could get a new truck loan in 5 minutes. i like that.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
I've never understood why anyone would use one of the big banks when they could have a relationship at a local bank. The only local bank I will not use is Frost.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
My mom works for Pasadena ISD so all my parents money is tied up in the local teachers credit union. And because I do a lot of what my parents do, after they seem to know best, I bank with the teachers credit union as well. I love it. Been with the since I got my 1st paycheck as a teenager.

I have just recently started to use wells Fargo. I have a credit card through them and I don't keep enough money in there to worry about anything

·
aka Salty Nacho
4,427 Posts
I've been with Chase for years (back when it was still Bank One before they got bought) and I've been happy with them. We have a credit union through work, but I've heard some people having some problems with them.

·
Winter Hater
9,448 Posts
I've never understood why anyone would use one of the big banks when they could have a relationship at a local bank. The only local bank I will not use is Frost.
i use wells fargo because i like their online bill pay. and with visa and mastercard hosting their debit card, these credit card companies categorize expenditures and by doing this, allows me to view a spending report. if you don't like the category V or MC chose for your debit card or bill pay, you can manually change it within your online account. you can also create a budget with the online software.

i also use a local credit union for a savings account. there are benefits from both big banks and cu's.

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
I've banked with Chase for a long time and they have always treated me well and been on my side..I plan on staying with them
x2....now with Chase...but been with them since old First City National..and Bank of Commerce days.. Many name changes but they always treated me right.. Do miss the 'personal' first-name basis that we used to operate with them under..a hand-shake or a phone call would get you any loan you needed... Oh, well......

·
Grand Master of Thread Kill
1,591 Posts
Trying my best to get the mortgage away from BOA. Hated it from day one. Hopefully the re-fi closes next week with local bank. It's been a two year nightmare.

·
Just Happy to Be Here!
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Excepts from an article from The Nation:

Are you angry about Wall Street's reckless excesses? Are you disappointed with President Obama's limp approach to reform? You can change this, acting individually and collectively. Withdraw your deposit and savings accounts from the large banks that brought the system to ruin and were subsequently rescued with billions in government bailouts. Put your money instead in smaller, safer banks or credit unions closer to home--the thousands of community institutions that do not harvest their profits from greed and recklessness.

"Move Your Money" is an electrifying slogan that's lighting up the Internet because it shows people how they can push back against the big dogs of banking. The concept is simple, but this is a big idea that could alter the timid direction of financial reform. This campaign is potentially more than a feel-good gesture. If coordinated with institutional reform efforts, it could lead to a broad rebellion against the financial system, with citizens reclaiming the power to act directly when politicians are too intimidated by moneyed interests to act in the public interest. Economist Jane D'Arista put it crisply: "We are not a nation of widows and orphans. We have quite a lot of money, and people control some of it. They might ask why they don't control more of it."......

(shortened)
Structural change ought to be the primary goal of financial reform--breaking up the concentrated power held by mega-banks and creating a balanced system of smaller, more diverse lending institutions that thrive by serving local credit needs. Alas, the Obama administration and Congress are pursuing the opposite goal--rescuing the behemoths that failed and encouraging even greater financial concentration. This will lead to more reckless adventures, more "too big to fail" bailouts.

"Move Your Money" is an important model for teaching people how to change a dysfunctional system. The same principle of taking control of your own money is at work in related reform movements. A campaign launched by faith-based community organizations associated with the Industrial Areas Foundation identifies sky-high interest rates on credit cards and other lending as the ancient sin of usury. IAF groups are asking churches, foundations and local governments to withdraw funds from the usurious banks that profit by destroying borrowers. Organized labor, likewise, has launched an aggressive movement to insist on responsible investing values for the pension-fund wealth of working people, urging state treasurers and fund managers to invest for society's interests as well as good returns.

Changing the nature of finance capitalism is a long road, to be sure, and the industry will resist change every step of the way. But the fight begins in earnest when people decide to move their money.

full story here

·
Worldangler
1,385 Posts
Trying my best to get the mortgage away from BOA. Hated it from day one. Hopefully the re-fi closes next week with local bank. It's been a two year nightmare.
And do you know there's a 80% chance your loan will be sold to large financial institution in the first 90 days? As to who is buying up paper (if it's good paper) - Well, the latest numbers published is that between Wells Fargo and BOA, they are buying up more than 75% of the new paper.

Sooo.. there is an extremely likely chance your paper will end up with BOA again very soon.

·
Grand Master of Thread Kill
1,591 Posts
And do you know there's a 80% chance your loan will be sold to large financial institution in the first 90 days? As to who is buying up paper (if it's good paper) - Well, the latest numbers published is that between Wells Fargo and BOA, they are buying up more than 75% of the new paper.

Sooo.. there is an extremely likely chance your paper will end up with BOA again very soon.
That was the first question I asked. Was assured that wouldn't happen. Maybe I'm just gullible.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Ive been using Capital One for a few years now and havent had any problems but Ive been thinking about moving over to a local bank.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I'd like to move my stuff to a local bank but I'm trying to migrate down to San Antonio on a permanent basis so I'd like to wait rather than move it twice.

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,507 Posts
Two credit unions have my business, one since 1980 and the other since 1991. I do have a Capital One credit card though. I will never use a bank, ever!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts