2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
I went on Sunday, we shot 2 gadwalls early. They were a group about 6 or so. That is the only group of ducks we saw, and we didn't see any geese, not one. We even drove around the back roads to see where they were. I think we need a few more fronts to push more of them down...

·
Registered
306 Posts
I drove around last weekend looking for waterfowl and went from Cypress off of Hwy 290, over to 362 in Waller, all the way down to Brookshire, over I-10 to Sealy, then down to Eagle Lake and on to Wharton. I didn't see a single goose until a few miles south of Eagle Lake and only saw 2 roosts between Eagle Lake and Wharton!!!!

To say there are not many geese is an understatement.

I've heard some reports of decent duck activity, but beyond seeing some in the water retaining cutouts near Hwy 290 and Kickapoo I didn't see any flying around.

·
<------my fishing buddy
513 Posts
I hunt off FM 362 north of Brookshire. We have seen very few ducks on our last few hunts. I haven't been since the past sat morning when I got skunked. One of my hunting buddies was hunting our lease Monday and saw a couple flocks of geese at about 30,000 ft and nada ducks. I just had knee surgery so it will be after the split until I get to go again.

·
Need more salt air in my lungs
1,645 Posts
I hope so we're going in the morning.
I was in Rockport this past weekend. We hunted Port A Saturday and saw prob 10,000 ducks flying around all morning, even when we left around 11 or so. 80% were redheads but there were still alot of widgeon and pintail. The widgeon must have just shown up because they were everywhere and in big flocks. We usually don't see widgeon in those numbers down there.
Anyone have an Eagle Lake repoort? We might do that on Friday.

Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
410 Posts
The green wing teal have finally arrived in the area. I hunted Beasley this morning just off 59 and saw about 10 wads of green wings flying high and shot at 3 groups of about 20 that were feet down in the dekes.(my shooting was terrible this morning) And this is after not seein any all season out there. Of course the usual spoonies are thick along with the mottles.

·
KEEP CALM AND CHIVE ON!
2,687 Posts
I hope so we're going in the morning.
I was in Rockport this past weekend. We hunted Port A Saturday and saw prob 10,000 ducks flying around all morning, even when we left around 11 or so. 80% were redheads but there were still alot of widgeon and pintail. The widgeon must have just shown up because they were everywhere and in big flocks. We usually don't see widgeon in those numbers down there.
Anyone have an Eagle Lake repoort? We might do that on Friday.

Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving.
i dont have a report for eagle lake or katy...sorry but i have seen some ducks on some small ponds on 290 if that helps any

but i am very happy to hear this...we are leaving after turkey dinner..to head to Ingleside very glad to hear there is something down there besides redheads...:cool:

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
I dont know about the west side, but the east side is LOADED up.... bunch of ducks pop lockin' and ping lingin' from rice field to rice field...

Saw multiple groups of light and dark geese between Anahuac and Beaumont yesterday afternoon.... One wad of about 2000 snows in the Jenkins resevoir and a ****tton of ducks....

·
Cast & Blaster
3,339 Posts
Saw 40K + geese today in Eagle Lake we shot 7 birds had some specks come over and few snows but we couldn't hit the broad side of a barn! Bad day shooting but good day out in the field. We easily should have ended up with 6 Geese and 15 ducks. Pintail, Greenheads, Spoonies and Teal were in the area.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.