Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
before you click over to see the mind blowing filth of aransas county

and how the most beautiful fishing area has been ruined, please

let me thank this website , and all the viewers who love the rockport area

and pray someone will get the message and clean this dam dump up we

love fishing as all of you do and are sick of the garbage that greets you

thank you and please mention this website to the rockport chamber of commerce,

maybe one of them CAN read horrific angry comments of residents

click here http://aransastexas.webs.com/ and I hope you dont puke !

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
If ya don't like it, move. It's up to the city leaders to act and enforce for a clean city image. If they don't care, elect someone who does. Boot 'em out.

I understand that some people can't afford much, but living in filth ought to be a sin. Just because you're poor, you don't have to be a slob. Have some pride people!

·
POC chunker
9,207 Posts
Hey Blacktie, you got one post in your history, and this is it. Are you the same guy on Craigslist soliciting for photos of trash in Aransas County on the Austin site too? If so, can you start on Port O'Connor next.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
although I would love to hammer every dump site in the united states
it is just now starting to have an effect here in aransas, but if anyone would like
to send me a photo of their favorite dump site, please include the address, thanks
aransastexas.webs.com

·
Aspiring professional pot-stirrer.
20,196 Posts
There's something about telling other people what they can and can't do with their property that just doesn't sit right with me. If you want the neighbors to have a perfect yard, move to (or start your own) neighborhood that has enforced deed restrictions about that. If that person has a legal requirement to keep their place up, so be it: pull the trigger. If not, you should have paid attention to the deed restrictions... There's places down there that have been a dump since LONG before the developers started the "Texas Riviera" thing and people from Houston, Austin, and Dallas decided to start moving down there thinking they could mold the area to their own definition of paradise..
Ever think about just pitching in and helping them clean it up??? It'd be a lot better use of time than just driving around taking pictures of places that don't fit your personal version of perfect..

·
Registered
60 Posts
Try This Twist

There's something about telling other people what they can and can't do with their property that just doesn't sit right with me. If you want the neighbors to have a perfect yard, move to (or start your own) neighborhood that has enforced deed restrictions about that. If that person has a legal requirement to keep their place up, so be it: pull the trigger. If not, you should have paid attention to the deed restrictions... There's places down there that have been a dump since LONG before the developers started the "Texas Riviera" thing and people from Houston, Austin, and Dallas decided to start moving down there thinking they could mold the area to their own definition of paradise..
Ever think about just pitching in and helping them clean it up??? It'd be a lot better use of time than just driving around taking pictures of places that don't fit your personal version of perfect..
Sad part is that this is an exact reflection of so many kids with in the school district as well. They simply don't give a **** and teachers are expected to get them to be able to pass their TAKS test (another thread) and develop them into some resemblance of a useful person to society.

Oh yeah, we're suppose to share our piece of pie. How about helping themselves first and then maybe I'll help 'em if they give an honest effort. Absolutely no reason for living in a toilet and yes, it's been a long time in the making because of the same short sighted type of people that have been in local government in the past.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Try This Twist

:hairout:
Sad part is that this is an exact reflection of so many kids with in the school district as well. They simply don't give a **** and teachers are expected to get them to be able to pass their TAKS test (another thread) and develop them into some resemblance of a useful person to society.

Oh yeah, we're suppose to share our piece of pie. How about helping themselves first and then maybe I'll help 'em if they give an honest effort. Absolutely no reason for living in a toilet and yes, it's been a long time in the making because of the same short sighted type of people that have been in local government in the past.

·
20,196 Posts

Not really sure how you came up with that parallel, but I'll play: at what point is it government's (even local) job to tell a citizen to "keep their room clean"? We're talking adults here, and there's no standardized testing: if they have no legal or contractual responsibility to clean up their place, whose freakin business is it but their own if they want to have a truck up on blocks? If it presents a public health hazard that's one thing: beyond that, people really need to just own up to the fact that they have a piece of property where there's no HMO, no deed restrictions, etc., and their neighbors have a right to live their life the way they want to... If you want the neighbors to have clean yards, drop the extra cash to buy a place where that's required.. Then don't complain when they tell you you've gotta move your boat from public view...

·
To Endeavor to Persevere
8,867 Posts
Dang Blackeye...sounds like you need to go back up! Some of these folks that hash out a living on the coast have a rough time of it!

·
Registered
60 Posts
The Parallel

Not really sure how you came up with that parallel, but I'll play: at what point is it government's (even local) job to tell a citizen to "keep their room clean"? We're talking adults here, and there's no standardized testing: if they have no legal or contractual responsibility to clean up their place, whose freakin business is it but their own if they want to have a truck up on blocks? If it presents a public health hazard that's one thing: beyond that, people really need to just own up to the fact that they have a piece of property where there's no HMO, no deed restrictions, etc., and their neighbors have a right to live their life the way they want to... If you want the neighbors to have clean yards, drop the extra cash to buy a place where that's required.. Then don't complain when they tell you you've gotta move your boat from public view...
The parallel is that the kids grow up in this environment and the parents could care less about how they live or their kids for that matter and society is expected to "get them through life". Hell, government is telling teachers to kid these kids and others through school and life and make 'em useful, why not tell their parents to clean up their pig pens.

I agree (probably sounds contradictory to you), I don't like the idea of government telling anyone how to live or whatever, but how about a little bit of personal pride for some of these people. That would improve things in general ten fold. Oh well, it's the society we live in.

·
20,196 Posts
The parallel is that the kids grow up in this environment and the parents could care less about how they live or their kids for that matter and society is expected to "get them through life". Hell, government is telling teachers to kid these kids and others through school and life and make 'em useful, why not tell their parents to clean up their pig pens.

I agree (probably sounds contradictory to you), I don't like the idea of government telling anyone how to live or whatever, but how about a little bit of personal pride for some of these people. That would improve things in general ten fold. Oh well, it's the society we live in.
You can't mold human nature to your own "standards": those people's nature is different than your own. Government has decided via "in loco parentis" that it's their job to raise those kids: the second they take that step with adults, we're pretty much toast. You can't legislate human nature to your own standards in a free society. If you don't like your neighbors, you've still got the freedom to move.

·
Banned
2,863 Posts
I recall the state passing a law a few years back to address these situations. IIRC, this is a basic rundown of the law. Seems to me that any type of trash had to be a certain distance from a highway. Anyone can file a complaint. Again if I remember right, we were told in Rusk County the sheriff's office would take the complaints.

I wonder if some of the problem with Aransas County might be their lack of a DA? Don't they share the DA with San Patricio County?

I was reading some earlier today. Farms and ranches seem to be exempt to some extent from this law. A rancher can pretty much throw feed sacks out anywhere he wants according to law. I know I used to get agitated with one of my friends. He would leave paper feed sacks on the back of his truck, and let them blow out on the highway. Never seemed to bother him. But around his house and barn was clean as a pin.

·
Mike
1,054 Posts
I just spent the weekend looking at lots in AP, PA, Rockport and so forth. I can assure you that there is no shortage of trashy places there. I understand being poor. What I don't understand is keeping every single car, boat, motorcycle, bicycle, appliance, bbq pit, trailer, 55 gallon drum, and all sorts of other junk that you and your extended family have ever owned from the beginning of time to present date. And why store it or dump on your coastal property?

Dumps and junkyards exist for a reason. Just sayin'.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.