2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After trying to wade through all the different things I can stick on my ar I can not decide. Do I just want to keep it the way it is with the regular handguard or do I want to put a rail system on there with lights, lasers, and all the other things things that can be put on? Well I found this and this all I want to put on it.

Can't get a M-203 grenade launcher but I can get this!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That looks bad to the bone, but I wonder about the short barreled shotgun...it might need a SBR permit...I've never seen a pump shotgun pistol before...
Nope, its considered a AOW which is a Any Other Weapon. So you only need a $5 stamp to purchase versus the $200 tax on an SBR or surpressor

Give me a link ! :) I might need to look into that :)
Its the Remington MCS on the Remington Military websitehttp://www.remingtonmilitary.com/870mcs.htm

Here is a link to a place where I found you could buy it.
http://www.autoweapons.com/home.html

If you look on the main page of the link provided you will find it.

Its a breeching weapon. Hold 3 rounds for when entering a building. One for the door handle and 2 for each hinge.

·
5,908 Posts
Nope, its considered a AOW which is a Any Other Weapon. So you only need a $5 stamp to purchase versus the $200 tax on an SBR or surpressor
Short-barreled shotguns have a $200 tax stamp.
Smoothbore pistols are AOW's (ie. shotguns that have never had a buttstock attached.) Since this has a stock, albeit the AR's and the fact that the shotgun is carrying it's own serial number it is originally a sbs. They have a $5 transfer tax. But they still cost a $200 "making tax" to register initially. You could call the ATF to verify.

·
5,908 Posts
It is not an AR attachment, but I like the way this guy tricked out his Spike's Havoc (link to that above).

Not sure of the rules, if it is bored out to 40mm it may become a DD.

Follow all NFA/ATF/Etc. rules.
With it bored out I bet you are correct.
The best part of 37mm tubes is these are 100% legal because they are not considered weapons. They are strictly classified as "signaling devices".

You are however limited to firing flares, smoke and gas rounds. ANY type of anti-personnel round (stun ammo, bean bag, rubber shot, etc DOES NOT INCLUDE HIGH EXPLOSIVE) MAKES the launcher a DD and it therefore becomes illegal. Basically if the round is meant to be fired directly at a person, it is NOT legal to fire it out of an unregistered launcher.

LEGAL

-Possession of 37mm launcher ALONE
-Possession of gas, smoke, flare rounds ALONE
-Possession of gas, smoke, flare rounds WITH the launcher
-Possession of restricted anti-personnel rounds ALONE

ILLEGAL

-Possession of restricted anti-personnel rounds AND the 37mm launcher

37MM AS A DESTRUCTIVE DEVICE

If you wished to fire AP rounds out of a 37mm, you could legally IF you registered it as a destructive device in compiance with the NFA (similar to short-barrel rifles, class III full-autos and such).

Most people DON'T do this because it's EXTREMELY difficult to find 37mm AP rounds as the majority are the standard 40mm. Some vendors sell non-lethal rounds for the 37mm for LE purposes. You can buy them the same as normal ammo (remember the rounds themselves are not "destructive" without the launcher)

In short, if you want to fire stun rounds, beanbags, "Chalk" practice rounds and the like, you're going to NFA the weapon anyway, so just get a 40mm.

HIGH-EXPLOSIVE ROUNDS

You actually CAN own HE rounds (ie: grenades) legally in most places in the US, HOWEVER, the launcher must be a registered destructive device and EACH AND EVERY SINGLE HE ROUND MUST BE SEPARATELY REGISTERED. If you're familiar with the NFA laws, you might know that it costs $200 for a tax stamp on a DD, SBR, AOW, Class III, etc. You need the SAME stamp for each HE round you possess.

In short, a case of 100 40mm grenades would cost however much they cost PLUS $20,000 TO REGISTER!!!!

**Note that the term "high explosive" does NOT apply to flares or pyrotechnics (ie: fireworks). Those are not restricted as "ammunition" at all.

There's a site called 37mm.com that has a whole bunch of info on where to buy ammo, how to reload 37mm rounds and other stuff.

·
Registered
233 Posts
After trying to wade through all the different things I can stick on my ar I can not decide. Do I just want to keep it the way it is with the regular handguard or do I want to put a rail system on there with lights, lasers, and all the other things things that can be put on? Well I found this and this all I want to put on it.

Can't get a M-203 grenade launcher but I can get this!
As Bob Valdez said "This, this is something for rabbits":)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts