2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I owe a few members here a HUGE apology. A few guys here offered fishing trips, weekends away, just offered me to come hang out and have a cold beer, while i was at rock bottom going through my divorce,and i more less just ignored their offers to be a true FREIND. I was at the point in my life where i was mad at the world, drowning myself in the bottle, EVERY night. I really wish now i would have accepted their offers, it would have been so much easier getting though this with freinds insted of doing it alone. I totally disregarded the credibility,help and freindship of these guys, and for that i am truly sorry.
COACHLAW
MWB007
TINYROGER
Please accept my apolgies for being a hard-headed a** hole.

For anyone on here that feels they need to make any stupid remarks for the above, you will eventually see how it feels.

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
Sometimes it takes a man a little while to get everything figured out. Glad you are on the right path.

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Sounds like you're getting better. Good luck to you! Fishing is good for the soul.
RT

·
Done Wit Dat
7,538 Posts
It's all good bro. Real friends ain't just there for the fun times. Don't be afraid to lean on them when times are tough. That's what they're for. Come on out to da camp sometime soon. I think you'll like the place.

Reactions: Reel Time

·
Certified Man Card Holder!
1,652 Posts
Ain't nothing easy about what you just wrote! I bet those guys are still willing to help you cut loose.:dance:

·
RIP Sandollr
2,526 Posts
Those mentioned and I bet many more. Get outta tha bottle and back into reality and lean on 2Coolers, that's what we do best. It took a heck of a MAN to post what you just did. Congrats, welcome back and can we go fishin' now?!!!!

Darlene

·
Remember the Veterans
8,047 Posts
OK...now that THAT is behind you (been divorced TWICE and I know you got to go thru it)....you can go back to being the man that selected your cool avatar. You remember that guy!!! HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!

·
I'm Always In The Shadows...
1,598 Posts
What you just did not many will do, own up and apologize....

Glad to hear your doing a bit better...

·
# 314
524 Posts
I don't know you,but I do know some of the folks you mentioned. Trust me,if they considered you a friend before,they still do.
The best thing is that you realized where you were headed and are making the changes to get your life back on track. Plenty of people that get on that road do not stop before it's too late.
Best of luck to you.Glad you are turning things around.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Greg ...

Just got home from leading the Divorce Care group at my church. Tonight was the last in a 13 week course that goes into a lot of detail regarding the process of healing that needs to follow a divorce. The thing that always gets me about the last week is a statement they make to start the last lesson. Bottom line ... you have three choices. 1) You can allow it to define who you are and be miserable because of it. 2) You can do nothing and likely repeat the process down the road or 3) You can learn from it and make your life better moving forward.

Looks like from your post that you have made a choice to reach out to some buddies who can lend a hand in making choice #3. God bless you for the courage you have shown in doing that! If I can ever help in anyway all you have to do is reach out. Been teaching this stuff for a while and it really provides practical ways to process through it all! Going on 23+ years with my 3rd, and last, marriage. I thank God for all he has done in taking me from where I was to where I am. I pray you will look back one day and feel the same!

·
More There than here..Gone fishin....
3,926 Posts
Its Ok Bro.. we understand whats goin on, Or Most of us do anyway..
Been in those shoes my damnnnn self..
Suck it up..
go out (With the boys) & find some of that (Game ) youve got & Go Kick it @ some lil Honey..
holla
Oxx..

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Greg,
No need for appologies. I've been there. Drank every night and ignored family and friends. Divorce sux. Sounds like you're on the right path. Keep your head up, brother. Time heals all.

·
Screw it. Lets ride!
3,259 Posts
Looks like your headed in the right direction. Women may come and go, but a friend will always be there for you. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts