2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know of anywhere you can buy Apapachicola Oysters in the Galveston - Houston area ?

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i say we split the fuel and drive over there and bring a truck load back , best i have ever had and need to go back for more
I agree, I've never tasted any better than Apalach Oysters. Last year while visiting family in Pensacola, we got a half a sack. My brother got a small Black Pearl out of one of them.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I would bet

McCormick & Shmidt (sp) resturant in Hou has them they have a smple plate of oysters from around the world that is SOME good

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'm trying to get a job in Panama City, Fl , so I'll be closer to Applach!!!

·
Done Wit Dat
7,538 Posts
Y'all need to get some oysters from Bayou Cook, La. You'll forget about all others. :D

·
Banned
2,863 Posts
You've obviously never eaten Apalach Oysters. Nothing comes close.
If they're better than the ones we're getting here, I simply couldn't stand it! We are getting the best I've tasted in my short time here. Seems they're from Seadrift. I think I did eat four dozen one night in Destin one time though. Perhaps they were from there.

·
Vendor
6,013 Posts
oysters

Howdy,
I stopped in a little hole-in-the-wall place in Mexico beach a while back and had a dozen Appalachicola Bay oysters - they were so good I asked the waiter if they sold them by the sack, which they did. I then ate my way across the Gulf, shucking oysters on my tailgate every time I stopped for gas etc. Met a LOT of people doing that.

I was raised eating EAST Matagorda Bay oysters and the A.B. oysters were just as good as those.

All the best,
Tom

1 - 15 of 15 Posts