2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Reel Boy - Team Reel Blessed
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot this Aoudad on 11/09 at 5:40pm. It was the only animal I saw in 6 days from my stand. Scored 94. He came out at 200 yards and I thought he would never put his head down in the grass for me to get my gun up, but after 10 minutes of eyeing he finally slipped up. Our lease is just up the road from Garner State park. Opening weekend was hard hunting with so much food and too warm. Only one other small aoudad was shot and a nice 8 point missed by another fellow hunter. Between 5 hunters we only saw 2 whitetail and 2 aoudads.

·
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In my opinion, not very well. We did eat the backstraps of the younger one out on the lease grill and it was very good, but I have had to throw out one my dad killed several years ago because it was so nasty tasting..

·
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice!!! is he going on the wall? Just wondering how much it cost to mount one?
I'm going to do a european mount on this one... he was very ragged and missing a lot of hair. We have bigger ones on our place, if I shoot one, might consider a mount. Not sure what it would cost though.

·
Don't make me use UPPERCASE
1,692 Posts
I agree, they do not eat very well, the gravy would be tough!!!!! I hunted on a place near Bandera and a hunter threw a carcass out at the "gut pile"....... the hogs wouldn't even eat it.

·
Tiny is Gone... Hi, My Name is ROGER
5,886 Posts
Nice goat. I wouldn't try to eat it either.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts