2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
214 Posts
You can't imagine just how well some bass lures work for trout, reds and flounder !!!!!!!! Try a 1/2 spinner bait and add a soft plastic tail to it.....if any tail at all !!!!!!!!!!! You can work them in VERY shallow water JUST under the surface !!!!!!! Awesome strikes from reds...trout and even floundr. Some of the crank baits will need to have the hooks changed out to salt water hooks. Rattlin' Rogues work VERY well for all three fish !!!! I've been using select bass lures for years and am sold !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
i was in fish thick yesterday on tails,switched toa spinner bait w/tail and i did not get one hit. i think they would be great in off colored water for reds. flounder ....i 'm not sure yet?

·
Registered
561 Posts
talking about using bass lures for saltwater fish. I have a question. I was going down to Baytown this weekend and we were going to go fishing, so of course I was thinking about fishing all the way down there. In my truck I have a buzzbait hanging by the mirror. And the thought occured to me....Would a trout/red hit a regular buzzbait? Do ya'll have any experience in this?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spinner baits

I bought a tackle box at a garage sale a year ago or so that was full of spinner baits. Over 50 total with 100 extra skirts. Paid 20 bucks for it. I tried selling them on ebay but no one wanted to pay over $1.00 each for them. I left my reserve at $100.00 but no one bid. I figured I would go bass fishing sometime and just kept them. Half are Terminators. I guess I need to put a few in my tackle bags and try them out in the bay. I like the buzz bait idea too. I think a white skirt or a silver skirt with a clear flaked tail would work good. I bet the redfish would try to destroy a buzz bait. They will smoke a mauler over the top of a tout. Why wouldn't they hit a buzz bait?

·
Husband First, Fisherman Second...
1,988 Posts
buzzzz

agteacher said:
Would a trout/red hit a regular buzzbait? Do ya'll have any experience in this?
Yup, I've caught reds on the buzzbait. I've only used them in marshes where the grass is too thick to throw most lures. Only thing I could throw was weedless spoons, buzzbaits, spinnerbaits, or weedless rigged tails.

I like the Strike King brand with the three bladed spinner.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I use spinners alot and have great results with them. I also use one called a Jenny Jig which I picked up at Lake Charles tackle a couple of years ago. It's a heavy wire with a Colorado blade and you can attach any size jig head you want. I normally use a 1/4 oz. with any type plastic on the hook.

Good Fishing!
Tom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts