2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I enjoyed a nice filet from the second place dorado last night. Sauteed garlic with cream and wine sauce, slathered with lump crabmeat, yummmm. As I was sitting down I read the standings in the Chronicle - 2nd place is where I would be if I had entered, 34 pounds. 2nd = $500 at Academy.

I entered today.

The 46 lb fish is totally attainable! The snapper is beatable.

Patrick

·
Registered
751 Posts
I ate the 2nd place dorado from the STAR in 1999 or 2000 (cant remember). Only difference is I entered into the STAR before I ate it. Ended up with a nice plaque (did I spell that right) and a gift certificate from West Marine. It was 44.3 pounds and caught offshore of East Breaks on a broken weedline. The fish hit a marlin lure run on a flatline. Love it when they do that!

I bet your fish was tasty. Sounds like a good recipe you have.

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
yep me to

1997 third place dorado 43.7 lb five feet 4 inches long now hanging on the wall. I will have to dig up a pic and post it up
joker

·
Academy Sports & Outdoors Manager
1,249 Posts
Yeah, I ate a 9lb 5oz trout I caught when I lived in LA back in 96' that would have gotten me a 17' boat 50 horse moter and trailer. I almost entered treir STAR tourney but joked with the guy I went fishing with I would catch the winning fish...I did by 9oz.:(

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yup, ate the runner-up last night

Dux, We ate the 2004 runner up last night. Who would have guessed that 27 was the number to beat for 2 place. Doh!

Pics attached.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts