2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw it on their web site and called the dealer. It is built around Brownsville. I think it is called Fat Cat boats. Their web site is fishingtowers.com. It has an interesting v in the middle. Does anyone have any stats or ever ridden in one?

·
Getting shallower means chewing mud
1,643 Posts
No experience, but I don't like the way it is built. If they would ask me, I'd tell them to take those construction pics off that website. They are using cheap plywood for the decks. You can tell it is cheap by the 'footballs' present in it. I would also think that it is going to be a heavy boat for its size due to this. The vee in front of the tunnel is a little odd. I'm not sure what that is going to do for the ride or for the motor. It will make the water more turbulent going into the tunnel. Speaking of the tunnel, that thing looks huge! I would think this is going to be a fairly slow hull due to the width of the tunnel too. It looks like the tunnel is at least 24 inches across, maybe more.

Oh and all of my comments come from just completing my own home built boat that is wood cored composite. I used mohagony marine plywood, not your typical pine or birch. My build can be see here: http://209.190.4.227/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8528

Take care,
Tim

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it is actually spelled Skinnykat. I am going to give them a call tomorrow to ask a few questions. Cool boat Tim. That must have taken a lot of hard work.

·
Keep on Keeping on....
1,824 Posts
I do not have issue with any statement aside from the one that a tunnel in a cat will make it slower. The cat will outperform a tunnel boat in top end 9 ways to sunday. I think the v in front of the tunnel will make them pole quieter. That is my only complaint with cats, they spit some in chop while drifting or poling. Never spooked a fish though, at least that I have seen.

I know RH jacks up the prices on boats, they are a rv dealer and selling boats as a supplement in my opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts