2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guy docked next to me has a brand new 30 foot Sea Ray and is looking for someone to show him how to run it. He's never owned a boat before. I don't think money is an issue.

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
The guy docked next to me has a brand new 30 foot Sea Ray and is looking for someone to show him how to run it. He's never owned a boat before. I don't think money is an issue.
Never owned a boat before and starts with a 30 footer.

Ouch!

·
Do you know who I think I am???
5,212 Posts
Never owned a boat before and starts with a 30 footer.

Ouch!
Ouch???

I say hayll yeah!! If you are going to do it, do it right (even though that boat would not have been my choice).

·
Just an old ?
6,830 Posts
Mont,

If this guy still needs help getting started, let me know. I have several guys working with me who have 100 ton+ licenses who would be willing to help out.

Tom

·
Banned
847 Posts
This is a classic 2cool post. The moderator (by chance) posts someone needs help. The first two posts are in complete contrast. One questions whether a guy should buy such a large boat as his first and says "ouch" as if something bad is going to happen. The second post, first of all (properly) puts a question mark on "Ouch" and says "hayll yeah" obviously supporting the purchase. I would like to see the boat the first poster has.

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the posts and PM's. My new neighbor, Bryan, came over and introduced himself. I was just finishing up installing a new windlass and we talked for a bit. I don't have the insurance or correct licenses to be able to help him so that's why I asked around. I am going down to the harbor in a bit to pass along the info. There's nothing worse than having a brand new toy that you can't play with, and Bryan was smart enough to ask for help learning how.

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Thats good to hear Mont. When I lived aboard in a marina, we saw many weekend yahoos get boozed up and think they can handle a twin screw boat in 15 mph winds.

Sounds like Bryan has his head on straight.

·
Follically Challenged
5,373 Posts
This is a classic 2cool post. The moderator (by chance) posts someone needs help. The first two posts are in complete contrast. One questions whether a guy should buy such a large boat as his first and says "ouch" as if something bad is going to happen. The second post, first of all (properly) puts a question mark on "Ouch" and says "hayll yeah" obviously supporting the purchase. I would like to see the boat the first poster has.
You're still a little green behind the ears around here,......

Reactions: Gary

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Captain Larry does a lot of that type stuff at South Shore. He does a lot of maintenance and runs boats to the shipyard and such. He will do some of the teaching bit.
713-828-6000

1 - 11 of 11 Posts