2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I will be in that part of the country for Thanksgiving. I don't know anything about fishing here but from what Iv'e heard I want to try it out.
I will be looking at the internet and making calls to find out what is available.
If anyone knows of any good deals, maybe has a open spot on your boat, or willing to share a charter let me know!

Bill Young

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Venice

For any info about Venice, go to rodnreel.com. It is just like this web site - except they catch a lot more fish than we do so there are more actual fishing reports!!!

·
Registered
642 Posts
makoclay said:
For any info about Venice, go to rodnreel.com. It is just like this web site - except they catch a lot more fish than we do so there are more actual fishing reports!!!
LOL Beautiful!! The guides on here might not like it but I applaud your honesty!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Um...

I am really interested in going on a tuna trip. However, I have heard good things about the runs that go out of San Diego. The Excel! I have seen photos and read reports, I would just like to know if anyone on this board has had the experience on a trip similar to that out of Cali?

·
Crabby Old Man
17,406 Posts
BigJake said:
I am really interested in going on a tuna trip. However, I have heard good things about the runs that go out of San Diego. The Excel! I have seen photos and read reports, I would just like to know if anyone on this board has had the experience on a trip similar to that out of Cali?
There is a report from a Texas member at the Allcoast board.
http://www.allcoastsportfishing.com/dcforum/gulf/1541.html

The bottom line is that we have a better fishery that the west coast.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Old man in the sea,

As much as I would get a kick out of getting some fishing guide worked up, that was not my intent. Offshore of the Mississippi river is probably one of the most fertile fishing locations in the world. In fact, I have spoken to people that have fished all over the world and some have told me that you can not beat Venice, LA for consistency and mixed bag.

·
Registered
642 Posts
makoclay said:
As much as I would get a kick out of getting some fishing guide worked up, that was not my intent. Offshore of the Mississippi river is probably one of the most fertile fishing locations in the world. In fact, I have spoken to people that have fished all over the world and some have told me that you can not beat Venice, LA for consistency and mixed bag.
Is it against some recreational fisherman code to have a sense of humor or something?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts