2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Big Daddy's Custom Rods & Norton Lures
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several large pieces that need framing and two shadow boxes that I need made.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I had several done at the Hobby Lobby in Lake Jackson across from the Mall. Good job and very reasonable.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have some friends who own Davis Hardware. They do all my framing and do a very good job. They also do most of the framing for the Houston Livestock and Rodeo. They are located in the Heights and their # is 713-864-4574.

·
Banned
607 Posts
I have a good friend that him and his Dad are picture framers,,,actually his Dad is a World renouned(sp?) framer,,,travels all over the world giving seminars,,,I didn't know it was such a big business but he is one of the authorities,,,PM me and I will give you his information,,,he's in West Houston if that may be convenient for you...His son fishes with me on occassion and he's bad to the bone at framing,,,he made one frame for me that just blew my mind if you can imagine a frame doing that!

·
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help everyone!

I took it all to Hobby Lobby. I have used them before, and they have the best prices with the 50% off on framing.

·
@Drew_Smoke
4,158 Posts
About how much does Hobby Lobby charge for say an 18" x 22" print? I have never priced them. Garden Ridge had a 50% off sign and still wanted twice what Regina's charged me...Drew

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
American Frame

For those of you that prefer e-commerce, www.americanframe.com is a great, inexpensive source for frames. They beat your Hobby Lobbies by 75% or more, depending on what you want. I use them for all my framing needs. You have to do some of the labor yourself, but it's very easy.

NK

·
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The frames that I needed are very large 5'to7' long x 3'to4' tall.

Michaels could not handle anything that large. Garden ridge wanted 450 just for the frame at 50% off.

Hobby Lobby price for frame and plexiglass with acid proof paper was 183. Plus they were 150 cheaper than Michaels on the shadow boxes.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've been doing custom framing for almost 20 years at Hansons Art & Frame and just purchased the business from my father three months ago. I just wanted to let you all know that I would be happy to design your framing or find art for you. We are located at 13620 Memorial Dr. in Houston, between Wilcrest and Kirkwood. Our phone # is 713-932-7164 and you can check out our web site @ www.hansonsframing.com. Craig Hester

1 - 11 of 11 Posts