2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Undocumented Users-pm+
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if Linda's tournement is going to happen? How is the cut looking, should have got a good flush with all the rain. Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Talked to Linda's yesterday and asked about the tourney, they said they were expecting many thounder storms on Friday and that they may call off the tourney. They asked for me to call back on Thursday and they would try to give me and answer whether they are going to call off the tournament. Team Bad Habit will be there with bells on!! Good luck!

·
Scream'n Seamen
165 Posts
KGROBA said:
Talked to Linda's yesterday and asked about the tourney, they said they were expecting many thounder storms on Friday and that they may call off the tourney. They asked for me to call back on Thursday and they would try to give me and answer whether they are going to call off the tournament. Team Bad Habit will be there with bells on!! Good luck!
I talked to her too. Weather permitting, the Scream'n Seamen will be there to kick Bad Habit's *****. LOL!

We'll see you Friday...who is all coming from your bunch?

·
Reel Gambler
3,761 Posts
The cut turns off to the west a pretty good ways before you can safely cross the bar. I was surprised the pass is not straight out after all the rains, but it's not.
Here are the lat lons that are working for me this year...connect the "dots" coming and going and you'll be fine.

Outside the pass-28 10.017 095 23.620
Inside the bar- 28 44.616 095 29.392

From the inside waypoint follow the back side of the breakers to the channel and turn left...pretty easy from there.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
hey Capn C what was your depth reading running the channel? Just curious, I out and took a peek in my bay boat Monday and I didn't see deeper that about 5 to 6 foot. Just trying to mark the channel for a later date.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Screamn Seaman we will be there Thursday night, myself(Ken), JR, Jimbo, and Kenny will be fishing on our team and another team that has never fished the tourney will also be staying at JR's house with us. We will be ready!

·
sea monkey rancher
18,403 Posts
I talked to Dusty at Lind'as yesterday eve.

sounds like it might be on hold due to weather....

·
Registered
100 Posts
kingkatcher said:
I talked to her too. Weather permitting, the Scream'n Seamen will be there to kick Bad Habit's *****. LOL!

We'll see you Friday...who is all coming from your bunch?
I seriously doubt there will be any as* kicking going on this weekend. Bad Habit's best looking team memeber and strongest drinker will be there in full force.

·
Reel Gambler
3,761 Posts
11andy11 said:
hey Capn C what was your depth reading running the channel? Just curious, I out and took a peek in my bay boat Monday and I didn't see deeper that about 5 to 6 foot. Just trying to mark the channel for a later date.
Well inside the channel it is 9 feet or so. At the "inside" numbers it is around 7' and comes up to about 3 to 4 feet. I was on plane when I took those depth readings BTW.

·
Scream'n Seamen
165 Posts
2KSOTY said:
I seriously doubt there will be any as* kicking going on this weekend. Bad Habit's best looking team memeber and strongest drinker will be there in full force.
I don't know about the first part, but I will definitely won't argue with the latter!

I talked to Linda a little while ago and she said they would probably make a call tomorrow evening as to whether or not to move the tourney until Sunday. She said that weather permitting Sunday is the make up day if the weather forecast doesn't look good for Saturday. See ya'll down there.

·
Scream'n Seamen
165 Posts
Captain's Meeting

There will be a Captain's Meeting tomorrow night at Linda's around 7:30 pm. The decision will be made then as to whether or not we are going to try to fish Saturday or Sunday.

·
sea monkey rancher
18,403 Posts
Linda said to me this afternoon that it is still on ..........

as stated above , actual day to be picked tomm night.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Congrats Kingcatcher and team!! After not being allowed to weigh in fish on Saturday (despite a majority Captain's vote that we could) and being harassed by a few belligerent drunks at the dock it was great to hear you guys won on Sunday. I wish we could have fished on Sunday but we just couldn't do it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Great job Kingcatcher! Glad to see that ya'll won, I'm surprised that they didn't vote ya'll out of the tourney while you all were out fishing. That was the most disunorganized event I have been to. Anyway we had a great time fishing Sat. and that's what counts! Team Badhabit

·
Registered
18 Posts
KGROBA said:
Great job Kingcatcher! Glad to see that ya'll won, I'm surprised that they didn't vote ya'll out of the tourney while you all were out fishing. That was the most disunorganized event I have been to. Anyway we had a great time fishing Sat. and that's what counts! Team Badhabit
Team Bad Habit. So let me get this straight.... the Captains voted to let your team fish on Saturday and then while your were out fishing they voted again? I can't beleive that. I hope you got your money refunded. PM me.

Jimmy

·
Registered
26 Posts
Team Bad Habit---I can't believe you would go to Sargent with your $130,000+ boat and try to run over that poor tournament. I am glad we fished Saturday on such a beautiful day. I think the drunks voted again after we left to move the tournament because they were scared.

Congratulations Kingcatcher. Glad to see you guys win instead of the yellow bellies!

Team Hook 'Em - We ain't scared of no 4 footers.

·
Scream'n Seamen
165 Posts
KGROBA said:
Thanks guys...you all know where we stood on that whole debacle with ya'll. All that I will say is that people sure do seem to change their mind real quick when they don't have to look you in the eyes. I couldn't listen to it anymore and wrote my vote down and gave it to Linda while they bickered back and forth for who knows how long, and went fishing too. I have fished that tournament at least 6 or 7 years and I have never seen such a disorganized mess. I guess it came to that due to the low turnout with the uncertainty of the weather so they decided to have a tournament ruled by Captain's Commitee instead of by a director. Darndest thing I've ever seen.

·
Registered
100 Posts

"People sure do seem to change their mind real quick when they don't have to look you in the eyes."

Amen to that. I spoke with Linda around 10 AM on Sunday just before heading back home to inquire about a possible refund. I was promised a phone call later in the day but of course none was received. We (Bad Habit and Hook 'Em) voted (ha ha) that we should receive a refund since the angry mob that greeted us did not think we should be allowed to fish, if we could find a way, on Sunday either. You guys fortunately missed all that drama. When we got back to the dock on Saturday they boarded the boat and cut the tails off our fish to make sure we didn't try to weigh them in on Sunday while a group of belligerents ranted and raved.

It really made me happy when you guys, the only ones that didn't change your vote, won. Karma can be a real b*tch sometimes.

·
Registered
164 Posts
If anyone had boarded my boat to cut the tails off anything you would have seen a little more then drama. Sounds a little chicken shat to me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts