2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to locate a decent ICW map online anywhere. Is there fuel along the way, say every 150 miles at most? Thinking about doing the trip from Pensacola to Galveston with a friend in a 30' Sea Ray Amberjack with a 100gal fuel tank. Any tips?

·
Living Life for a Living....
5,724 Posts
Yep. Made that trip last year right before Thanksgiving. Send me a PM with contact info and I'll give you the low down... He!! of a trip and only holding 100 gals may not cover it.

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info, guys! I'll check out the charts and think a bit more on it. If I decide to do it, I'll reach out to you for info, Pat. Sounds like a good time...just not sure I'm up for quite that much adventure right now. :)

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
Done 1/2 way (Venice/South Pass) a few times. Contact me off line, and I'll loan you my paper charts. I even have a book called "Cruising the Intercoastal" or something like that which shows all the marinas, fuel depots, and mile markers.

Good fuel in Lake Charles, Intercoastal City, Morgan., and so on. Just plan it out and hop from fuel to fuel.

Be aware, it a slow trip in a decent sized boat in a number of the sections of the ICW. Run on plane for 3 miles, slow to pass a tow, back on plane for 3 miles, slow to pass a tow,...

·
Registered
79 Posts
How long is the ride from EGB to lake Charles... I think that would make a great weekend gambling trip with the right weather....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts