2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we need a vacation,after the birth of our first son and work, and starting a new buisness, ya i would say we need a vacation. i saw a documentary on lake powell the other night and i have to go, i started looking into houseboats and they want a lot of money for those things. PM me if so. or if anyone knows someway to get a cheaper house boat around there. let me know any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,498 Posts

·
Banned
579 Posts
Lake Powel

That lake is really low due to the onging drought of the last several years. I travel there for business several times per year and there are marinias which were at water's edge five years ago which today aren't within 1/4 mile of the lake.

I suggest you also look at Lake of the Ozarks. My wife and I vactioned there a while back and rented a cabin on lake's edge. We also took our boat and the lake is huge and beautiful.

We did look at many houseboats in the 50'-55' range that were very nice. There are many houseboat rentals available on the lake and a lot of coves to anchor and enjoy a vacation.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Lake Eufala near the texas Oklahoma border has houseboat rentals, I looked into it a few years back, and the lake is huge, lots of secluded areas, I will try to find a few links for you.

·
would rather be on the water
1,863 Posts
I just got back from renting one back in june..we rented a 75 ft for a week...lake level was fine...went out of wahweap...unbelievable scenery

1 - 5 of 5 Posts