2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
If your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to here from an owner of one. I looked on THT and there are posts of problems of all brands if you look hard enough. I looked at the boat show and they seem like a good buy for the price.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I fished in one out of SLP. We fished the Jalapeno rigs and got caught in a bad Tstorm. All in, I was pretty impressed with it. Ride was pretty good and it was faster that a G bay I rode in-

·
Registered
99 Posts
I test drove one at the CC boat show. I was a little suprised at the vibration and shudder at about 18 knots in the slop the bay had to offer that day.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Pro-Kat

Cobia,

I own one and charter it and I've had no problems with it at all. The ride is good honestly dry and exceptional room for fishing. Mine is a 2005 model. There have been some problems on a few of the later models; I know of two that are '06 and they were structural problems but outside of those, everyone I know that owns one likes it.

The normal stuff like macerator pumps, etc go bad but that's normal and not a manufacturer defect. In Matagorda there are 6+ Pro-Kats and all of them get fished often and they are good to go.

Tight Lines,

Capt. Carman

·
Registered
43 Posts
We own a 2660, twin 200 Zukes. Great boat, no complaints. Good insulated boxes now and in floor rod storage. I did hear that a few rigs did have T-top weld issues that I understand were covered by ProKat, and a couple of boats that required additional bonding agent between liner and hull in a few areas in front of console. That is all I have heard and believe were fixed/process changed by factory. We asked these questions before we bought one. Hope to boat some YF's this weekend off of Grand Isle. My brother also owns a 2150 BayKat, 225 Zuke, that he really likes.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
My buddy (Houstonboatguy) has the 28'. It is a nice ride, nice large bait well, lots of room for rods, a sh*tter and a good amount of fish box space although he had 2 welds break on his t-top the last time we were out. Dealer is coming to Kirby to fix it so he will be out of comission for a couple of weeks.

Yes they are fixing it but no fishing for 2-3 weeks sux!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Bummer on the top welds. I believe you can run it over to your local aluminum fab guy, get it fixed, call Mike Robinson, owner, at the factory and he will reimburse it. I hear he has done that in a few cases when the customer by-passed the dealer who failed to respond quickly. Any idea on cost to fix two welds? My guess maybe $400 to $500. Call Jason at Millenium. Any other issues? No reason this is not a quick in and out - one day for Jason. Running any boat with a loose top risks busting the floor mounts loose (then you have glass issues) as the top wants to 'walk itself off of the boat'. Good luck.

·
Registered
147 Posts
prokat

prosports is pretty good at fixing the t-tops when they know about them

we are doing a repair on a 23 this week.

the H bar on the livewell is usually the problem and we already have

a fix for that.

give me a call if you need my help getting it done

Jason

281-291-9892

1 - 12 of 12 Posts