2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Member..Whats wrong with my member
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife was throwing the idea around of getting a couple of lobster for tomorrow.
I've eaten them before, but have no experience in preparing and cooking them.

Any tips from prep to plate ?
I'm thinking of grilling them.

Thanks guys,

Kelly

G

·
My Mom Boils Them In Crawfish Water The Cut Them In Half And Cleans All The #$% Out Of The And Stuffs It With Crawfish Stuffing Wraps In Foil Then On The Pit...

·
Beleaguered and Bewildered
240 Posts
Saw it done on TV once. They split the thing whole from head to tip of tail. Brushed the tail meat with garlic butter, then grilled it split side up. Don't know for how long, or at what temp. I guess you'll have to use your best judgement. I do know for a fact that the longer you cook it, the tougher it will be.

Another neat trick I saw was they used a rolling pin to get the meat out of the legs after it was cooked. Pulled them off, and starting at the end furthest from the body on a flat hard surface, squeezed the meat out of them all. Check out the recipe section on this site.

Good luck!

·
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm thinkin of going to H.E.B. I'm not sure which they have.

I do have my burner and turkey pot if that would be easier than grilling. I dont want to get in over my head cooking these things and ruining them.

Thanks for the help so far.

Kelly

·
Registered
315 Posts
Try it..you'll LIKE it!

Remove the tail and split it. Baste it while grilling in mixture of olive oil, Lime juice and tequila. Don't overcook it.

We get the whale-sized soft crabs and do them the same way.

All of a sudden I'm hungry.:biggrin:

·
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool. Thanks Jeff, that link is perfect.

Kelly

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
i split the shell and steam for about 5-6 minutes then put on grill top/split side up. baste with butter and garlic pepper. mmmmmm good. came out much better tahn boiling. i'm not set up to steam, so i took a metal strainer and put that in a pot a couple inches above 2 inches of water. cover, leaving room for steam to escape.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
My technique

I drop them into the boiling pot, wait for it to boil again, and boil for 1 minute, partially cooking them. Remove from the pot, and immediately drop in ice cold water to stop the cooking process. You just boil them to make the meat come loose from the shell. Tear the tail off, split it long-ways, pull the meat out, shell out the claw meat, and put it in a hamburger grill thingie, spice it up with some cajun spice, and put on a hot mesquite pit for about 2-3 minutes per side. Done. Dip in lemon butter and enjoy. Goes good with a couple ribeyes.

·
Banned
2,779 Posts
If you shell out the claw meat do yourself a big favor and barely crack the claws and suck the liquor out. It's awesome.

I have to get a subscription to that magazine, Kdubya. It has great reading articles right?:biggrin:

·
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WT427 said:
I have to get a subscription to that magazine, Kdubya. It has great reading articles right?:biggrin:
Uhhh, articles, yep, GREAT articles. :bounce:

Kelly

1 - 16 of 16 Posts