2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should be there bright and early Saturday morning as long as the weather holds up. I have a red Dodge Dakota Quad Cab....Stop by and say Hello!!!!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Have fun. The storm in the southern gulf right now will probably be a named storm by tomorrow and moving that direction. Expected landfall is western LA. Swells are already 5-7'. If I were you, I'd keep a real close eye on the weather. I am scratching this weekend.

·
Still a write in candidate HOMER '16
2,582 Posts
Im planning on going. Ill be in a green ext cab ford Ranger. Should be out there early saturday. Where are you planning onm fishing?

Josh

·
2,582 Posts
Looks like Pelican and Baygal are going to join in on the fun. I want to head down that way but i dont want to be right in the middle of the nudies, Im taking my 10 year old nephew and my dog. Baxter plays tug-o-war and i dont want to be sued.lol. I think i am going to try about between 1.5 and 2 miles past the barracades.

Josh

·
Registered
2 Posts
Neverenough,

Hi, I was hoping to meet up with a couple of people over at High Island this weekend. I'm very green to the surf fishing thing and am hoping to pick up some pointers(have a primary and secondary surf setups, but need help with leaders/rigs etc.).

What's the beach drive like past the barricades? I'm in an Orange AWD Element. If you're open to some company, I'll look for you tomorrow morning. Jolly Roger recommended I check out this site as I usually lurk/post over on TKF.com. I've never taken my yak out into the surf, but I could bring it along for those brave enough to tempt the surf in it.

Thanks,

Texican

·
2,582 Posts
Welcome Aboard Texican.

I am green to this surf stuff to. I do how ever have a good leader set up that i got from gundoc. I dont have a yak but i think there is going to be one im not sure yet. What kind of yak do you have? See you there man im thinking around 6:30am ill be there but i might be late i have to swing by the office in the morning to pull some test out of the oven.

With the rain and high tides the sand should be good, but from what i understand the asphalt might be bad. This only my second time to HI. If the rocks are bad i guess ill try between the piers. Do you have cell. send me a pm with your number and i let you know what im going to do when i get down there.

Josh

·
Registered
343 Posts
I went through there yesterday and it's white caps as far as the eye can see. Water looked to be up pretty high too, so be careful. You don't want to go too far past the barricades and get stuck by the tides.

·
Registered
2 Posts
NE,

I'll send you a PM. I'm driving from Friendswood, so I might also show around 6-7AM. I have a Tarpon 140. I'll bring it along just incase.

Texican

·
2,582 Posts
Thanks for the report dolphin girl. I looks like is going to be a falling tide allday and the waves are forcasted for 3 to 5 so its going to be ruff water and i imagine one hell of a rip too. I guess well se when we get there.

Dolphin do you happen to know if the ashpalt is bad on the beach or not.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have no idea, I didn't go past the barricades.

From what I've seen, rough waters tend to expose it in places that it used to be covered up, and cover it up in places where it used to be exposed. There's really no telling... Maybe we'll all go down there and have a nice, Florida-like, white sandy beach! ;)

There SHOULDN'T be any asphalt affecting the drive within the first few miles, but you'll definitely want to watch out for the infamou High Island Clay.

·
Just Happy to Be Here!
4,188 Posts
Josh and all,

I think we are going to sit this one out. I went to the seawall this afternoon and it looks nasty. Brown way past the end of the piers, and about 5 or 6 rows of crashing waves. I wouldn't dare be yaking baits in that surf personally.

I hope it calms down for ya, but we're going to try "plan B" (the bay) if it's not too choppy.

Pam

·
2,582 Posts
Its ok pam them reds dont mind if the surf is messed up. Well, good luck in the bay. Yall should run over to that spot i showed yall. There is a marker so you know how deep it is now. If it get about 2 to 3 inches below the orange its time to move. Just ease in the and hop out and wade with the grass line just in your range. The reds are there and they are feeding right against the grass. I had a school come past last time i was there sent probly 50,000 baby shrimp airborn. It was really cool.

Josh

·
Speckle-Belly
245 Posts
where exactly is everyone going to be. planning on getting off around noon and heading that way from friendswood.what would be the best way to get thier.aslo where can i get some bait.
thanks

·
2,582 Posts
If any of yall heading down tomorrow read this i will be in a Red Ford Bronco.

See yall on the sand.

josh

1 - 20 of 21 Posts