2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think I am going to take a stab at it in the morning, anyone else thinking about going out of Freeport? I hate this on and of weather. Doesn'tlook any diferent for tomorrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
260 Posts
we are planning on it, we will leave out of Gulf Coast Marina, we are going to check the radar before we make a firm commitment
 

·
The Jammer
Joined
·
3,594 Posts
3's to 4's with 5 second interval in close, and about a 1/2 foot to 1 foot higher 30-40 miles out with 50% chance of thunderstorms!! I postponed my charter for today. Had a couple of newbies who weren't sure of their ability to handle "mal de mer," but would not have gone anyway. Beat up on the way out, beat up while you're fishing, and beat up on the way back.

Those I've talked to who have tried the last 3-5 days have said they really gotten beaten up and turned back very early. I know Cowboy took his charter out Tuesday because the guys were leaving town and it was then or never, and they caught some fish, but I bet it was pretty rough.

Seas get progressively better from Sat thru Wed (down to 1 footers), but still have 40% chance of storms. I'm ok running around the storms but not in 4' waves.

I'm on hold for a day or two.

THE "SICK OF IT" JAMMER

14 of 19 days in July with rain!! WHat the heck is going on.
 

·
Its easy to grin when your ship comes in
Joined
·
5,918 Posts
not me. I will be heading down to do some repairs on my boat and tomorrow just might be the perfect day for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
The surf cam looks flat and glassy but the 60 mile bouy is 4.3' It will have to drop before we go. Weather looks iffy at best as well. Might put off fishing till Key West next weekend with family
 

·
Salty Dawg
Joined
·
7,724 Posts
I'm thinking about Sunday but I will have to put a crew together.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,979 Posts
Not looking great for tomorrow.They are caliing for 3-4 tomorrow from 20-60 miles.
Saturday night calming down.Its starting to look like last weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
We're gonna head to Sabine and try our luck. We'll commit to that plan 100% once check radar in the morning. It's too far of a drive from Alvin/Manvel if the weather is going to be a repeat of today's. Does anyone have a link to an offshore buoy off sabine?
 

·
Salty Dawg
Joined
·
7,724 Posts
CurlyQz said:
We're gonna head to Sabine and try our luck. We'll commit to that plan 100% once check radar in the morning. It's too far of a drive from Alvin/Manvel if the weather is going to be a repeat of today's. Does anyone have a link to an offshore buoy off sabine?
That might be a good plan. The further east you go the calmer it should be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
I would LOVE to keep on driving out to Venice based on all the pictures of good fishing that I've seen yall post!! We bought this new (to us) boat back in May and have only been able to go out in it twice. It isn't even funny how this weather keeps messing up our plans. I've spent more time sitting in the boat in my driveway than I have out on the water. I am sure my neighbors think I'm crazy! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
949 Posts
CurlyQz said:
We're gonna head to Sabine and try our luck. We'll commit to that plan 100% once check radar in the morning. It's too far of a drive from Alvin/Manvel if the weather is going to be a repeat of today's. Does anyone have a link to an offshore buoy off sabine?
Here ya go.
http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=42035

I had a trip planned out of Sabine too....scrubbed it though. I had friends coming in from out of town and couldn't take the chance.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top