2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Aggie Mom
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband has been invited to a business outing at Hackberry Rod & Gun in Holly Beach, LA next week. It's south of Sulphur. Anyone been there?
Thanks!

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
It is a nice place... Im not sure how they are doing on the rebuild... I get a weekly email from them... Ive been there a few times in years past.. I know they were supposed to have the new lodge open a few weeks ago, But i havent really paid much attention to the weekly email lately

Let me look

Thomas

·
Registered
547 Posts
i went for my graduation present and drifted calcasue (sp) for two straight days and it was the most fun i have ever had. accomidations were awesome. delicous breakfast and dinner and ice-cold bunks in the heat. it will be fun. me my stepdad and the guide call all of our limits each day in about an hour then chased bull reds and sharks for the remainder of the day

·
Frustrated Fisherman
672 Posts
Had good times when I went duck hunting mourning and fishing afternoon during teal season. Great people and good guides. They always worked hard to please you.

Reactions: portalto

·
Super Moderator
3,735 Posts
Hackberry Rod and Gun

Here is the latest from them:

On the evening of July 7th we will officially welcome the very first guests here at the brand new state of the art "HACKBERRY ROD & GUN". Our new lodge designed with the sportsman in mind will house up to 52 guests. With our newly remolded dinning/meeting room in place will be able to host your next company meeting and get in a little fishing at the same time. Give us a call toll free at 1.888.762.3391 to check availability for your next trip or meeting.

• June 20, 2006 new speckled trout limits on Lake Calcasieu begin. The daily creel limit reduces from 25 to 15 fish per day with not more then 2 over 25"
Those boys catch a lot of fish so he should have a good time. Take plenty of bug spray!

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Been there a few times and always had a good trip. Didn't always catch a mess of fish but it was fun and the accomodations were very nice for a fishing lodge. It's close enough to drive back to Houston after a morning fishing trip.

·
non-politically correct
7,301 Posts
Been there and it is a good time. There is not much around there at this time so he probably needs to take anything extra with him when he goes. Call the 800 number and they can give a heads up as to what he may need to bring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.